I'll start the ball rolling. I plan on building this:

IMG_20160228_140639_zpslk6awjfi.jpg

I am still waiting on a few other aftermarket goodies and I need to finish up a couple other builds so I won't be starting for a while yet. I NEVER go all in on aftermarket like this! Ever! But I am also not a big 1/32 builder either. I just figure I may as well cram as much AM into what will probably be my only 1/32 Spitfire kit (probably... ;)).

Looking forward to this GB! Should be a dandy!

:cheers:

Don.

Nickdanger, I am pretty sure Xtradecal makes Mk.II Spitfire decals in the green/grey camouflage in 1/32. I was just looking around myself and if I remember correctly sheets 32053 and 32054 have green/grey Spits.

HTH

Don.

Ill try to jump in with a Revell 1/32 MK II that i got for the xmas raffle!

Still unsure of markings

I know nothing of the spitfire , was the MkII ever in d-day markings?

Edited by Neo

Pretty sure most Mk.II's were phased out of front line service by mid 1942 (perhaps earlier as the Mk.V was rapidly replacing it). So to my knowledge no Mk.II would have worn invasion stripes.

HTH.

Edited by Don

@Don : I'm pretty sure it's a Mk IIb with cannon. Might be wrong though...

You're probably right as I just took a quick look and saw the green/grey. No worries :thumbsup: .

Hi,

I'll be combining the parts of a Tamiya Mk Vb and a Mk I to build a cannon-armed Mk Ia and a cannon-less Mk Va.

I think all the parts that I need for this are in those boxes.

The Mk I will be R6776 "QV-H" flown by George Unwin with decals from Xtradecal 48-143.

The Mk Va will be the one that Douglas Bader was shot down in using decals from the Victory Productions sheet.

Cheers, Stefan.

Hi.

Im going to build the old 1/72 Airfix Spitfire Mk 1 (in an airfield set)I have in my stach, with some aftermarket stuff from CMK. Cockpit, engine, armament and control surfaces + a vac. canopy. I have also ordered from Hannants stencil data decals and paint mask for the camo.

24784041524_9138cb01bd_b.jpg

25119014520_8901f99571_b.jpg

I will however probaly not have time to start until next week.

:wave:

Been a while since I built an aircraft. I do have an Eduard 1/48 kit I think is the Vb but not sure. Would be on with whatever the Eduard kit comes with. (Usually a lot!) I've never built an Eduard kit but it looks good.

Let's hope I can get motivated.

I'm planning on 3 at least:

First, a 1/32 Revell Mk V

Second, the classic 1/24 Airfix Mk I

and finally, the 1/32 Tamiya (after I have learned a few things on the other two, and also from lurking on other build threads). I hope to do the Tamiya kit justice.

This should be fun!

ALF

...the classic 1/24 Airfix Mk I...

Now THIS one will be interesting! I have eyed that kit up for years but never pulled the trigger on one. I have held it in my hands...walked it around the hobby store...silently talked to it...and ended up putting it back on the shelf at least five or six times. No kidding! Perhaps after watching yours I just may get around to actually buying one.

Don.

Edited by Don

I'll be starting off my contributions with one of the two Spits and one of the 14 (yes, 14 !) decal/schemes included in the Eduard Royal Class Spitfire Mark IX package. The kit is loaded with goodies, not the least of which is the Czech pilsner style Spitfire beer glass (already broken in).

IMG_20160301_182424179.jpg

IMG_20160301_182527771_HDR.jpg

Amazing kit and super stoked to get started.

Edited by nickdanger

I'm in with a 48th scale Academy FR XIVe, kit #2161. It will be OOB with kit decals. Unknown when I'll be starting as I'm finishing up my Vietnam War GB entry and a Luftwaffe Sabre 6.

Good luck to all the participants and thanks to the mods for hosting.

Mike

I'm planning on 3 at least:

First, a 1/32 Revell Mk V

Second, the classic 1/24 Airfix Mk I

and finally, the 1/32 Tamiya (after I have learned a few things on the other two, and also from lurking on other build threads). I hope to do the Tamiya kit justice.

This should be fun!

ALF

You, sir, will be a busy, busy man. Look forward to you builds buddy.

Mike

I'm in with a 48th scale Academy FR XIVe, kit #2161. It will be OOB with kit decals. Unknown when I'll be starting as I'm finishing up my Vietnam War GB entry and a Luftwaffe Sabre 6.

Good luck to all the participants and thanks to the mods for hosting.

Mike

Beware of Academy decals. They refuse to settle and will lay on your model like a slab of linoleum. Some have reported success using strong setting solutions but they have not worked for me.

Ok, I'll enter! I have 3 Spitfires in the stash. Airfix 48th Spitfire Mk Ia, an Airfix Seafire 46/47 and a Revell Germany Seafire XV. All OOB, except I will be using Royal Canadian Navy decals on the Seafire XV.

Edited by Colin K

Guess I'll give this a try (will have to set up some sort of photo hosting) as I've got lots of 1/72 Spitfire kits. Trying to decide which kit is the hard part. Two years ago I did the prototype using the most recent Airfix Mk I and an old Paragon conversion that was actually intended for the old Hasegawa MkI kit but fit pretty well. I'll try to post it in "prior build" section if I get some photos.

This time I'll do a very early MKIX, BR138 (AU-G of 421 Sqdn) which was built as a Mk V but converted to a IX with a "big bulge" C wing. I could do this with an Airfix MkIX and the Freightdog conversion or with the AZ "Limited Edition" early converted Mk IXc kit (both involve resin parts) but I think I have settled on the AZ kit as it has a better interior and I've got some Edward fabric seat belts on the way in my latest Hannants order. No doubt I will need to use my 19 year old son as a technical consultant on thhe posting of pictures but I suppose I should learn about that too. Here we go and I'll try to post something by the weekend...

:cheers:/>/>/>

Bruce

P.S. Colin K , I have the Pettipas book on RCN Seafire XV's if you have any questions. By the way is the Revell kit a "V" or "Stinger" tailhook as I have both in 1/72 but haven't seen the 1/48 kit. Canada had both so its just a question of getting the right codes and number and picking a scheme....

Edited by RCAFFAN

Beware of Academy decals. They refuse to settle and will lay on your model like a slab of linoleum. Some have reported success using strong setting solutions but they have not worked for me.

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup: I don't think I've ever used Academy kit decals in the past. With your warning, I've ordered as set of aftermarket decals.

Mike