1/72 Academy F/A-18C Hornet

Hi there. I am building an Academy bug and the canopy is cracked. I am trying to locate a replacement. Does anyone out there have a spare canopy they would like to part with or be able to suggest somewhere which deals in replacement Academy kit parts? I tried the local distributer in New Zealand who wasnt able to help as they had none in stock. Any help or advice would be great. Cheers!

Hi there. I am building an Academy bug and the canopy is cracked. I am trying to locate a replacement. Does anyone out there have a spare canopy they would like to part with or be able to suggest somewhere which deals in replacement Academy kit parts? I tried the local distributer in New Zealand who wasnt able to help as they had none in stock. Any help or advice would be great. Cheers!

Have you tried going directly to Model Rectifier Corporation (MRC) for the part? They have contact information for parts replacement, etc.

http://www.modelrectifier.com/contactus/index.asp

Cheers,

Tom

Have you tried going directly to Model Rectifier Corporation (MRC) for the part? They have contact information for parts replacement, etc.

http://www.modelrectifier.com/contactus/index.asp

Cheers,

Tom

Tom,

Did you read where the poster is located?? I sincerely doubt that MRC would help a buyer in New Zealand as they barely help those in the US and have had an awful reputation since the early 1980's.

Regards,

Chris the cabbie

I had a cracked canopy in an Academy 1/72 F-16 and got a replacement from the on-line company I ordered the kit from. It was a long time ago so I don't remember the vendor, it may have been Lucky or HLJ or ???

Tom,

Did you read where the poster is located?? I sincerely doubt that MRC would help a buyer in New Zealand as they barely help those in the US and have had an awful reputation since the early 1980's.

Regards,

Chris the cabbie

I contacted MRC and they got back to me straight away saying they only ship within the U.S. Falcon don't seem to do Vac Form canopies either... I shall try and contact Academy directly and see what happens. Cheers

I contacted MRC and they got back to me straight away saying they only ship within the U.S. Falcon don't seem to do Vac Form canopies either... I shall try and contact Academy directly and see what happens. Cheers

That's too bad. I'm in Canada and I got replacement wings for my 1/32 Hornet, but that was many years ago. Sounds like they've changed their policy.

Tom