R-40 Missile coloring question

With the upcoming release of the AMK MiG-31B/BS. I was googling some images of the R-40 missile and I was wondering if there is a rhyme and a reason that certain missiles have white wings and others have natural metal" wings? I've notice that the main body of the missile is colored about the same on all that I have seen. Is one with the metal wings a later version? or was it just a change and now the wings are unpainted?

Just curious...

I cant recall ever seeing R-40 with white wings? Unless it was some mock up i suppose. They should be natural metal and fuselage partly white partly metal.

I cant recall ever seeing R-40 with white wings? Unless it was some mock up i suppose. They should be natural metal and fuselage partly white partly metal.

There are some if you do a google search, although most seem to be on test aircraft or on display. Perhaps they're like training rounds or something if not a case of the later painting scheme?

image1042.jpg

Edited by ijozic