Minicraft T-34A/B Mentor

Tower Hobbies is showing a December 2016 release date. It has been bouncing around on their site. It originally showed a late 2015, then December 2016, bumped up to November, then to April and now it's back at December.

Waiting patiently..... :pray:/>

Sounds like you might be better off checking with the vendors at the next show near you. There were a few of them down here in September.

If you haven't found one by then, remind me and I'll look for one for you.

• 1 year later...

I got to fly with a friend in one over Southern Spain in the summer of 1976. It belonged to the flying club at NS Rota. Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos and I can't remember what kind of finish it had. I did think it odd, at the time, that it had an "N number" on the side.

On 10/16/2017 at 11:05 PM, jefropas said:

Can't wait to build the Lima Lima bird I got to fly in 20+ years ago...

Jeff

Me too. My brother and I got to go up for our Young Eagles flight.   We flew out of Naper Aero.  My mom is still trying to find the picture(s) so I can post.  

In the mean time this one is probably from Oshkosh or some other airshow , some time in the late 80's judging by my attire.  I always like this one because of the unusual number.  

b5RCflo.jpg

• 6 months later...

You know, I was going to post a topic on this very thing. There have been a couple of build ups/test shots so I figured that a release was imminent but then nothing. I'd like to know too. I personally like the early orange and white with the naval aviator wings and 'Fly Navy' under the rear cockpit! 

• 1 month later...

At the Shizuoka Hobby Show Minicraft had the T-34 on display with sprues, decals and boxing. Hopefully it will be soon. This little kit has been a long time coming. I suspect that Minicraft must either have financial difficulties or is waiting for their financials to catch up to allow production and release.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

I get this message ;

The listing you're looking for is no longer available

They seem to have ended the auction early  after selling a few. I bought one, so I can still see it in the completed transactions view.

t34ebay.jpg

Edited by KursadA
On 10/16/2017 at 12:03 PM, KursadA said:

Finally - I had a complete decal sheet design waiting for this kit for almost two years now.

Is there any chance if/when this thing hits the shelves of seeing decals for the early orange and white scheme that had the gold aviator's wings and 'Fly Navy' on the fuselage?

6 minutes ago, Chriss7607 said:

Is there any chance if/when this thing hits the shelves of seeing decals for the early orange and white scheme that had the gold aviator's wings and 'Fly Navy' on the fuselage?

No, I am done with all the T-34 Mentor sheets for the time being. No matter wherever I looked, I could not find detailed enough references for the aircraft you mentioned; and nobody offered to help.

This is what I have:

http://caracalmodels.com/cd48082.html

http://caracalmodels.com/cd48086.html

Since the kit is already out on Ebay, I am sure it is only a matter of days before it is on the shelves.

Edited by KursadA

Darn. Heck, if I had known you were interested I know people at the museum in Pensacola. I could have probably gotten you something that you could have used. If you ever do anything naval aviation related and need something,  give me a holler. 

19 minutes ago, Chriss7607 said:

Darn. Heck, if I had known you were interested I know people at the museum in Pensacola. I could have probably gotten you something that you could have used. If you ever do anything naval aviation related and need something,  give me a holler. 

I have a forum here and I also posted here that I was doing T-34 decals. I have been shouting it from the mountaintops since the kit was announced  more than 2 years ago.

The scheme is interesting enough that maybe someone else or Minicraft themselves will do decals for it. It might take some time.