So what is the story with the Modern SLUF?

I've been patiently waiting...for a couple of years now. I've got a Hasegawa kit with '81 Gunsmoke markings that I've held off starting until I've got that book in my hands.

Now we've got updated reprints of the F-15 and A-10 books...but not a peep about the SLUF. When/if can we expect to see the SLUF book on sale?

I've been patiently waiting...for a couple of years now. I've got a Hasegawa kit with '81 Gunsmoke markings that I've held off starting until I've got that book in my hands.

Now we've got updated reprints of the F-15 and A-10 books...but not a peep about the SLUF. When/if can we expect to see the SLUF book on sale?

We don't have a reprint of the A-10 book, but it is coming.

I finished the SLUF Guide page layouts yesterday. I'll spend the next week or so proofreading and cleaning it up, and then it'll be off to print.

I offer my services as proof reader. Cheap and will sign any non-disclosure you want. I'm reading your Early Viper Guide and have come across a few typos. (There's an Edwards AFB in Florida???) Believe me, I know how difficult proof-reading ones own work can be.

• 1 month later...

I feel bad for Jake honestly, everytime I open up this forum for his company it just seems like everyone adds more pressure on him than is honestly needed. As hungry as I am for this book as well, cut the guy some slack already.

I feel bad for Jake honestly, everytime I open up this forum for his company it just seems like everyone adds more pressure on him than is honestly needed. As hungry as I am for this book as well, cut the guy some slack already.

Whiskey,

don't feel bad because he is not giving these books out for free! This thread is to comunicate and to ask questions and if it bothers you so much don't open this thread!! Period!!

Ed,

Edited by Ed Rivera

Jake,

Any update on the SLUF Guide? When can we expect this jem to be out for sale?

Ed,

Hey, Ed. The Modern SLUF Guide is officially at the printers!! I just sent it so I haven't yet gotten a schedule from the printing company. I'll update as I get news.

Nah, it's all good. I've been promising this book now, for what, 3 years? I totally understand where the impatience is coming from, so long as everyone understands that nobody is more impatient than me. It's just been a lot more difficult getting quality images of a jet that has been out of the US inventory for 25 years than I expected.

Hey, Ed. The Modern SLUF Guide is officially at the printers!! I just sent it so I haven't yet gotten a schedule from the printing company. I'll update as I get news.

Nah, it's all good. I've been promising this book now, for what, 3 years? I totally understand where the impatience is coming from, so long as everyone understands that nobody is more impatient than me. It's just been a lot more difficult getting quality images of a jet that has been out of the US inventory for 25 years than I expected.

Great to hear! I'm not good at math, but I don't know where you're getting 25 years. They just retired them like yesterday. I was there.

Great to hear! I'm not good at math, but I don't know where you're getting 25 years. They just retired them like yesterday. I was there.

Yes HAF A-7s were only recently retired but USN and USAF (ANG) Corsairs were retired in '91 and '93 respectively, and early A/B USN models have been gone much longer than that. Since the US was by far the largest operator of the A-7 it is understandable that finding quality images of these jets in service is difficult.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...It's just been a lot more difficult getting quality images of a jet that has been out of the US inventory for 25 years than I expected.

With that in mind, I guess we can't expect a "Modern A-6 Intruder Guide" any time soon?

• 2 months later...