1/72 Indian Air Force MiG-29 Fulcrum A

I did get a little excited and didn't start taking pictures until after I had assembled he fuselage, but then again, there isn't much assembly before then, just the cockpit.....

SS857127_zpsqwuv7ktm.jpg

I did hollow out the area for the ejection seat, I plan to use the Dream Model K-36D resin seat to replace the blob that came with the kit......

I also used plastic card to shut the over intake doors, a common mistake on most MiG-29 kits....

SS857128_zps12ewiv4j.jpg

I also used plastic card to shut the over intake doors, a common mistake on most MiG-29 kits....

Good decision !

I will follow.:)/>

Are those over wing intakes only open during high power engine operation?

Also on ground, when main intake doors are closed (and engine is running).

Edited by MiG-Mech

Thanks guys for your responses...... :coolio:/>

Well, the painting is done, except for what touch-ups will be needed.....

SS857135_zpshcc63rcn.jpg

Here are the tails.....

SS857134_zpsb2em6jeq.jpg

Sorry, I'm not too happy with the decals, they are very delicate and a couple of them began to come apart during application. I applied some film over the rest in the hopes that I don't continue with the same problem.

that looks really great!

Am I correct to assume the Testors MiG-29 is the same as the Italeri kit?

Not exactly. Testors boxed the Fujimi kit previously before boxing the Italeri kit.

The Fujimi reboxing is kit # 343, the Italeri kit is # 661.

Well, after an epic battle with the red panels.....

SS857136_zpsyeivlfqs.jpg

...I gave up after fighting with the top two, and painted the ones on the underside.

I just hope that the other HiDecal sheets don't act this way, I would be very upset.

Anyway, the main fuselage is ready, the stabilizers on, now to work on the undercarriage and weathering....

SS857331_zpsrysbroyn.jpg

Working on the landing gear.....

I think that for now on, I'll stick with using plastic card to cover the top intakes instead of using putty to fill them in....I think that I have a better result with that, and less work too...... :woot.gif:

SS857333_zpst8p3pf3c.jpg

Looking really nice John. That decal issue was pretty ignorant! I'm glad you were able to beat them into submission on the top. How did you do so? Setting agent? Future? White glue and water mix? Smart move to paint the bottoms.

Good work.

Mike

Looking really nice John. That decal issue was pretty ignorant! I'm glad you were able to beat them into submission on the top. How did you do so? Setting agent? Future? White glue and water mix? Smart move to paint the bottoms.

Good work.

Mike

Continuous applications of white glue/water, setting solution and multiple uses of swear words......