The only kit I know of is in the info here:

https://www.scalemates.com/search-solr.php?fkSECTION%5B%5D=All&q=Sikorsky+H-52+Seaguard+H+52*

Whirlybird is a limited run company with limited distribution and their stuff is hard to find even if it is in production but it is listed on his price list on his web site as being available:

http://www.whirlybirdmodels.com/

The price appears to be 45 English pounds plus shipping so I would guess it would cost you close to $100.00 U.S. and I certainly can't afford one right now but good luck.

P.S. Rusty posted while I was checking the price list :cheers:

Edited by RCAFFAN

One of those helos that did its job admirably for many, many years, and remains virtually unknown. I'd LOVE a decent injection molded 1/72 or 1/48 kit of the shimmering sh*t house in Coastie markings.

There was a kit of the S-62/HH-52A made by ITC Model Craft, the hobby division of the Ideal Toy Corporation in the early 60s. Kit # 3676 was listed as either 1/50 or 1/51 scale. It was also later reboxed by the Ringo Toy Corp as the "Sikorsky Helicopter" and the "Sikorsky S-62", both kit # C552.

When I did DWEST training in Pensacola Bay, it was an HH-52 that picked me up from the water. The pilot was hovering so low that I remember his tail wheel being in the crests of the waves!

There was a kit of the S-62/HH-52A made by ITC Model Craft, the hobby division of the Ideal Toy Corporation in the early 60s. Kit # 3676 was listed as either 1/50 or 1/51 scale. It was also later reboxed by the Ringo Toy Corp as the "Sikorsky Helicopter" and the "Sikorsky S-62", both kit # C552.

I have one of these kits and I paid a high price for it. Will gladly sell it for the same amount and get the Whirlybirds kit instead. It is not likely to ever appear in plastic in 1/72, sadly.

LD.

Whirlybird models does one in resin. Linky

Afternoon ,

Unicraft out of Ukraine make one also in 72 but it is very crude, needs a lot of TLC.

I have both kits and if you can get your hands on the Whirlybird kit get it, you won't be disappointed.

Regards,

Chris

Edited by alouette2