I got this s few days ago.......what a sweet kit!

SS857130_zps3kavqykw.jpg

Here is the weapons sprue, which is niiiiiice.....

SS857131_zpsyvoy299v.jpg

However, the sprue is missing the AIM-9J/P missiles that were used by Greek Mirage F.1CGs that are posted in some pictures.....

80163_f2f27ac98da32b6692eeeda8c9227d16.jpg

MirageF1_123.jpg

H-mf1-2.jpg

I want to make this an OOB project, however, I will have to raid the spares box for the missiles.

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to build it in the experimental "ghost" scheme, or the standard blue-grey over aluminum scheme.

• 3 weeks later...

However, the sprue is missing the AIM-9J/P missiles that were used by Greek Mirage F.1CGs that are posted in some pictures.....

If your unable to obtain AIM-9J's you could consider a similar technique used by this model builder. Wooden skewers as missile bodies. My Esci Mirage F1 lacks Sidewinders so I'm considering this option. I have large round toothpicks approximately the same diameter as a sidewinder would be in 1:72 scale.

Edited by Fellow Hobbyist

If your unable to obtain AIM-9J's you could consider a similar technique used by this model builder. Wooden skewers as missile bodies. My Esci Mirage F1 lacks Sidewinders so I'm considering this option. I have large round toothpicks approximately the same diameter as a sidewinder would be in 1:72 scale.

I'm sure that I can scrape up a pair of Sidewinder Js from the spare weapons that I have here, or from an Airfix weapons set that I have. However, that's a very interesting technique, thanks for sharing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Slow progress, but still plugging away...

The cockpit installed in the fuselage....

SS857346_zpspxhwmhdh.jpg

The fuselage together and filling seams....

SS857463_zpsriuortdj.jpg

SS857464_zpslmgvoixr.jpg

The installation of the nose is unusual, but I assume that they did that for a future Mirage F.1A version.

• 2 weeks later...