TUAF F-4E 2020 Revised now Weapons Help

Hello All

I am gathering info for my next build (after I complete my Mig-21) and wondered if there were any experts out there who could help?

I want to build a TUAF F-4E 2020 from 111st Squadron 'Panthers', this one to be precise

Toom%202_zpsqnth9ds7.jpg

And I was wondering about the cockpit, now I know these were updated (by the Israeli's ??) so would it still be similar to an F-4E cockpit, if I got the eduard etch or would I need to do a lot of modifications?

Also would there need to be any other mods on the airframe that I would need to make?

Regards

Simon

Edited by skids72

Yes, there are quite a few small-ish changes to the airframe that you'll need to make. A lot of new antennas, for example.

The cockpit is different and is not reproduced--to my knowledge--by any kit, resin, or etch material.

Jake

Hi All

Thanks for the cockpit help, now I am looking at weapons.

I will be doing this load out.

Pic 1 Load out

Now I know the Popeye and the ELTA 8222 Jamming Pod but was wondering what was on the near side inner pylon (to be stupid the Black pod and the white thing, sorry but I rarely do weapons on planes)?

Also is the centre fuel tank a standard F-4 tank?

Thanks

Simon

The pod in question is the data link pod for the AGM142 Popeye, the light Grey thing on the side is an AIM-9 acquisition round it's on a separate pylon. You can still find the Pargaon AGM-142/Data pod set for sale on the net.

Here's the data link pod loaded on a B-52 http://www.air-and-space.com/strato/9301%20l.jpg

And you can see the AIM acquisition round here http://www.targeta.co.uk/images/152_4664w8.jpg

The Turks only use the original style drop tank, not the high g F-15 style one.

Turkish Air Force uses both the original and F-15 style centerline tanks - in fact it manufactured both types under licence at the Kayseri maintenance facility.

Edited by KursadA