Mr. Zactoman, you and Mrs. Zactowoman are in our thoughts...

Just saw your posting on your website - the fact that you and the Missus are going through a Rough Patch right now (it doesn't get much rougher than that). I will be thinking of the two of you over the next while.

-- Jannie, out in BC

Hi Jannie,

Thanks for posting and thus supporting Zactoman and Zactowoman.

Hey guys, I think the only way to render a real support is to place as much orders on Zactomodels as possible. Most guys who hange out here on ARC know for sure Zactoman is a nice and decent guy.He is a great friend and top notch craftsman. Those who odered from him know that for sure.

Dear Sharla and Chris, all my thoughts and prayers for you. I'm sure Sharla will pass through the theraphy nicely and win.

Cheers!

Alexander

Thank you for posting Jannie.

Thank you all for the kind words and for keeping Sharla in your thoughts and prayers. :pray:/>

Hey guys, I think the only way to render a real support is to place as much orders on Zactomodels as possible.

Thanks for pumping the business Alexander :cheers:/>

While I'd certainly welcome more orders to help with the bills, I have been having a hard time keeping up lately. That is why I decided to post about this on my website.

For those who haven't visited my website, here is what I posted there:

My lovely wife Sharla (a.k.a. Zactowoman) was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.

She had surgery and is currently undergoing chemotherapy. Please keep her in your thoughts.

Zactos_800_zpssvqug0nn.jpg

I'm doing my best to both take care of her as well as run Zactomodels, but she comes first.

Because of this it has been difficult to always ship orders quickly. I've tried to warn customers of potential delays when they order or request an invoice, but sometimes I've been too busy,

so I decided to post this message.

Please be aware that it might take a few days before I can ship your order.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Edited by Zactoman

Mr Z, Gawd help us if anyone connected with modelling doesn't know you're a truly solid guy as well as being a top supplier -I'm sure we're happy to hang in there for as long as it takes to zip up our orders; it'll be well worth the wait!

Best to you both, as always.

Thanks Chippy and Scott.

Scott, we had you in our thoughts for quite a while when the lava was flowing. Sharla has a friend in Nanawale Estates and we were both checking the flow daily when it was looking scary. Was very relieved for both of you when the danger passed.

:cheers:

It ain't the end by any means. My wife went thru that seven years ago and it was indeed difficult for us both. But she has been cancer free ever since and everything is pretty normal around here. Hang in there. Your support is very important to both of you. You need keep her as worry free and comfortable as you can and hopefully some day soon you will look back on both your efforts with pride.

It ain't the end by any means.

No, it's just a tough time. Despite all she's going through her spirits have remained high.

Her surgeon said he'd be very surprised if he didn't get all the cancer and we're looking at the chemo as an insurance policy just in case.

Good to hear that your wife fought and won.

Chris and Sharla

My wife went through this a couple of years ago.....there are rough patches....her treatment took about 1 year total....she was stage 3...but is now cancer free. She will be on hormone reducing medicine for 5 years. She retired after the experience.

Regarding hair loss......it is better to get your hair all cut off.....don't shave as a cut on the scalp could lead to an infection due to the suppressed immune system....just cut all the hair off...cut it very short......it will all fall out anyways.....it is best to be proactive with cancer. Cutting your hair off gives you control.

Get lots of rest.....it is a tiring experience. Take 1 day at a time. You will beat it.

Chris and Sharla

My wife went through this a couple of years ago.....there are rough patches....her treatment took about 1 year total....she was stage 3...but is now cancer free. She will be on hormone reducing medicine for 5 years. She retired after the experience.

Regarding hair loss......it is better to get your hair all cut off.....don't shave as a cut on the scalp could lead to an infection due to the suppressed immune system....just cut all the hair off...cut it very short......it will all fall out anyways.....it is best to be proactive with cancer. Cutting your hair off gives you control.

Get lots of rest.....it is a tiring experience. Take 1 day at a time. You will beat it.

Hey Steve. Great to hear that your wife is doing well. I've worn my ARC Cancer Support t-shirt to the chemo clinic a few times now and struck up a conversation about modeling with one of the patients there.

Sharla was also stage 3 but I don't think the treatments will last a full year (unless you count reconstuction surgery). She was diagnosed late November, had surgery early December and started chemo early January. Her chemo is 20 weeks (16 sessions) and she is now on week 11. So they moved fast. Only 9 more weeks to go.

She started losing lots of hair around 2-3 weeks in and we cut it all off. Sad, but I've now got a fuller head than her. She did take control and got a dirty blond wig to change things up. (I tried to get her to pick the red-head wigs but she wouldn't have it. :rolleyes: )

One day at a time, yes. Lots of rest? Maybe for her, but not for me!

Thank you all for the support, thoughts and prayers. :worship:

I just came across this thread tonight. May God give you and your wife strength during this difficult time of your life and I am praying for you guys.

Hang in there and don't let the enemy bother you because God is greater than he and your wife's sickness.

Tim

Thanks Chippy and Scott.

Scott, we had you in our thoughts for quite a while when the lava was flowing. Sharla has a friend in Nanawale Estates and we were both checking the flow daily when it was looking scary. Was very relieved for both of you when the danger passed.

:cheers:/>/>/>

Unless Scott Smith also lives in Puna on the Big Island, I'm afraid you mixed me up with him. I live in Hawaiian Beaches east of Pahoa, and yes we were quite relieved when the lava flow stopped coming our way.

Now it's slowly creeping toward Ainaloa, hopefully it stops again before making it that far.

But I'll tell you, whatever worries we had are nothing compared to what you folks are going through. I'd take dealing with a lava flow any day. I'm hoping everything turns out okay for you two. Maybe when Sharla's healed you guys can visit out here. I'd love to show you around.

Scott Wilson

Edited by Scott R Wilson

Thanks Tim and Janne :cheers:

Yes Scott I was confusing the two of you. Too many late nights, not enough sleep (and Wilson is such a hard name to remember :rolleyes: ). My apologies to you both.

We'd love to visit the Islands but will have to dig out of the pile of bills first. Thanks for the invite and hope to take you up on it some day.

Only seven more weeks of chemo to go...

Sharla has had her ups and downs but she's been doing a little better this past week. :thumbsup:

I am currently all caught up but there still might be a few days delay on new orders. Thank you so much to those who have been ordering.

Edited by Zactoman