I'm sure that this has come up before....

Hi Jake,

I just saw your new 48th scale A-10 sheet over at Modeling Madness, and now your forthcoming 32nd scale F-15 sheet in this forum, and just have to ask..... any chance that we'll ever see these decals in 72nd scale? Great stuff! Wrong scale :bandhead2: Thanks, Fred K.

Hi Jake,

I just saw your new 48th scale A-10 sheet over at Modeling Madness, and now your forthcoming 32nd scale F-15 sheet in this forum, and just have to ask..... any chance that we'll ever see these decals in 72nd scale? Great stuff! Wrong scale :bandhead2:/> Thanks, Fred K.

Well if he doesn't want our money, we've got loads of other options where to spend it.

Hi, Fred. Great question. I have no immediate plans for 1/72. That certainly doesn't mean they won't be coming down the road, but not before the end of this year.

Well if he doesn't want our money, we've got loads of other options where to spend it.

:sunrevolves:

Do you really think a snarky response is going to help the cause?

:sunrevolves:/>

Oh, probably not, but after seeing answers like:

Hi, Fred. Great question. I have no immediate plans for 1/72. That certainly doesn't mean they won't be coming down the road, but not before the end of this year.

for like 3 years now (about both the RF-4 and ANG Phantom sheets you told me and others they'd be coming in 1/72), one gets jaded, y'know? Have you ever released a 1/72 sheet?

It really does surprise me you'd ignore what is probably the most popular scale in global terms, when all it'd really take is resizing the artwork.

when all it'd really take is resizing the artwork.

...and several thousand dollars in printing costs. You kinda left that part out.

"the most popular scale in global terms" doesn't necessarily translate into "the most popular aftermarket decals" from a business standpoint. It's not just Speed Hunter, a number of AM decal companies have stated as such.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in terms of printer costs there is a break point around 500 sheets. Oh, they will print 250, or even 25, but the cost is about the same as for 500 sheets, and the decal company pays all of that up front. He might sell 100 sheets right off the bat and then he's left sitting on 400 sheets.

It's a business, not a charity. You do the math.

...and several thousand dollars in printing costs. You kinda left that part out.

"the most popular scale in global terms" doesn't necessarily translate into "the most popular aftermarket decals" from a business standpoint. It's not just Speed Hunter, a number of AM decal companies have stated as such.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in terms of printer costs there is a break point around 500 sheets. Oh, they will print 250, or even 25, but the cost is about the same as for 500 sheets, and the decal company pays all of that up front. He might sell 100 sheets right off the bat and then he's left sitting on 400 sheets.

It's a business, not a charity. You do the math.

Sure, I understand it's a business, and it's entirely his call.

But quite a few other decal makers seem to do very well with 1/72; the reluctance to producing sheets in this scale seems to be an allergy that primarily affects American publishers.

But that said, this isn't an argument I'm very interested in prolonging; I've got a plethora of other options to choose from. If Jake ever does decide to print some 1/72 Phantom sheets I'll happily buy them, if not... like I said, I've got other choices.

:sunrevolves:/>

Thanks for keeping us 72nd guys in mind Jake! Fred.