1/72 Fine Molds Incom T-65 X-Wing

Sci-fi is not really my thing but I've always been somewhat attracted to the fighters used in Star Wars. This is my take on Luke's Red 5. I deviated slightly from the painting instructions provided by Fine Molds and painted the spine area and engine pods in a metallic colour. Could have done a little more weathering though.

Anyway, enjoy the photos. Feedback is most welcome. I have a Bandai T-70 in the stash as well as another Fine Molds T-65 but in 1/48 and could use some input as to how I can make them better. Cheers!

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

Mark

Very nice! I like your take on the engines.

You asked about improvements on future X-wing builds; I've got a half-finished 1/48 and I found out with some research that the cannon mounts are 'way too long, but can be shortened if you carefully choose which areas to cut out.

Looks great!

You should check out the Keeper of the Force forum as well. It's like ARC, but only for Star Wars. There are some builds over there that will make your eyes water.

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...