CD72055 - P2V Neptune

On 9/15/2017 at 11:45 PM, Paul Boyer said:

Profiles yet?

I am still working on the second sheet (checkered-tail P2V-5 from VC-5, AP-2E, OP-2E etc.) ; and will post profiles after I am done sometime this week.

Edited by KursadA
13 hours ago, zerosystem said:

Zotz did a gunship theme sheet in 1/72 that had an OP-2E in the grey camouflage.  I think Wolkpak might have had one of the Neptune conversions on one of their sheets too but I can't remember which.  

There was an OP-2E on Wolfpak's Sheet 12 and an AP-2E on Sheet 90.

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

This is what the final draft of the second Neptune sheet looks like - I will make some color adjustments and finalize it tomorrow. Five options on this one.

Just like CD72055, there is a small black & white third sheet (not shown) with markings to go above and under the wings.

cd72057draft.jpg  cd72055b_draft.jpg

Edited by KursadA

The Blackbird resin conversion seems to be out now, and should tie in nicely with these sheets.  

If they sell well, I will consider reprinting them again sometime next year, probably with the addition of a third sheet with mostly foreign (non-US) options.

I got a couple questions asking what the black/white markings (S13-S15) on the stencil sheet are: these are flap deflection markings; the short one intended for the retracted setting if you choose to build your kit out of the box, the others intended for deployed setting if you choose to depict the flaps in this setting.

Edited by KursadA
3 hours ago, Dutch said:

OOOOORAH!  I'm in for 72057 as I have the Falcon Triple Conv pieces and Belcher Bits early KDA-4 drones to build a DP-2E of VC-5.Thank you Kursad!

It is a pretty colorful aircraft and should look great with two drones under the wings!

128342-ue00_690505_640.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:23 PM, zerosystem said:

Zotz did a gunship theme sheet in 1/72 that had an OP-2E in the grey camouflage.  I think Wolkpak might have had one of the Neptune conversions on one of their sheets too but I can't remember which.  

Steve, 72-012 Trail Interdicters Sheet.  But I'm disappointed with Wolfpak's opacity range wide and their decal placement graphics, though not their research. I'm holding out for Kursad's sheet. His work is simply top notch, in all areas: opacity, printing, research and decal placement guides. I have two Hasegawa 1:72 P2V-7 kits.  One will become a DP-2E as stated earlier and the other will most likely become a Dutch P2V-7 / SP-2H in overall dark sea grey, Though I may be tempted to do one of the other options on Kursad's sheet.  Way to go Kursad!

Edited by Dutch
2 hours ago, KursadA said:

It is a pretty colorful aircraft and should look great with two drones under the wings!

128342-ue00_690505_640.jpg

That's the one!  This makes four decals I must purchase from you when released in the very near future. I should just make out an allotment for a monthly retainer fee.

Edited by Dutch

Alright, cool. My wife's uncle was one of the Flight Engineers in VO-67, Aircraft 10 (Crew 10), Petty Officer "Jake" Jacobs. He talked very little of his time in country with VO-67 but was real proud of the job they were tasked with. Big guy, nice as can be. We used to do a crab cookout each summer at his home here in Maryland...died of cancer just two years ago. He retired from the Navy as a Warrant Officer 4. RIP Jake.

kW6wmav.jpg

MVcX6VL.jpg

Edited by 82Whitey51
40 minutes ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Alright, cool. My wife's uncle was one of the Flight Engineers in VO-67, Aircraft 10 (Crew 10), Petty Officer "Jake" Jacobs. He talked very little of his time in country with VO-67 but was real proud of the job they were tasked with. Big guy, nice as can be. We used to do a crab cookout each summer at his home here in Maryland...died of cancer just two years ago. He retired from the Navy as a Warrant Officer 4. RIP Jake.

That is very cool! Coincidences like this make my day : I occasionally (a few times a year) get e-mails from pilots/crew members who find  their aircraft featured on one of my decal sheets. 

• 4 weeks later...

I expect to enable the preorders for the next batch sometime in the second week of November, after I receive the decals. I never enable preorders unless I have the decals physically in my hands - there is too much that could potentially go wrong during the printing process. 

Just become a member of the mailing list using the simple forum on the Web site, and you will be the first to know about any new Caracal releases. More than 7500 fellow mailing list members could not be wrong ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Both Neptune sheets are available for preorder now. There are only 250 of each sheet; so I would recommend preordering. 

I will update the CD72057 page with profiles tomorrow -  here are the options on sheet 1 (CD72055)

CD72055 - 1/72 P2V Neptune Part 1

CD72057 - 1/72 P2V Neptune Part 2

cd72055_profiles1.jpg

cd72055_profiles2.jpg

Edited by KursadA
  • 4 weeks later...

I am blown away by your response to the Neptune sheets. I have been packing Neptune sheets almost every night.

The original print run will probably sell out soon after I ship the reseller orders sometime right before Christmas. I will then shift my attention and resources to other projects, but there will probably a couple new Neptune sheets (with foreign options) and possibly a reprint later in the year.

Got my sheets today.  They look fantastic.  Really looking forward to using them.  One small item, the caracalmodels.com/references to this sheet is not up.  Nor for the C-5A.