CD72055 - P2V Neptune

Very exciting! Would you consider doing at least one P2V-5 as well? The falcon conversion is still available and without suitable markings. Any chance of including air tanker P2V's? I've got photos if you need them.

Corey in Colorado

Hmmm...I'm a VP guy, I'll have to toss out some suggestions.

VP-26 for starters, because the "Trident" just looks cool (and 26 is my old squadron);

Harley%20Wilbur46_zps47w7oxss.jpg

If you have some space leftover, you might consider a VO-67 bird. I know they flew OP-2Es (modified P2V-5, and not the P2V-7 that Hasegawa has) but I see people hunting for the WolfPak decals sheet featuring one of their aircraft often enough that I bet you'd make some folks happy.

P-2s...nice :)/> could P-3s be next??

I've always wanted to do the cover subject of Squad/Sig's book on the Neptune. VP-24 in the white-top over "seaplane" (patrol) gray (FS 26081), but I can't back up Greer's artwork with a photo. However, I found the same unit markings on the later white top over light gull gray scheme here:

http://bathead.com/noseart2.html

You could do both with the tail-tip design being common to both schemes. You do know, of course, that the white-top dark bottom is seaplane gray, not sea blue as depicted in some paintings, right?

I am considering adding foreign options or possibly doing a foreign Neptune sheet as well - just no clear plans at this time. I will let you know as soon as I have something.

Thanks.

I think there's ample room for one US and one foreign sheets.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been looking for decals to finish a P2V-5 of PS-4 for over a year now, Foreign ones are quite common to find, Just basic markings and generic lettering for a white over grey would make me happy.

Link to old post.

Curt

10891626_10204587550902329_198474599214528084_n.jpg?oh=42068485cf9aade749b9c1e8022c0ca2&oe=577B9821

There might be some good info here: http://www.verslo.is...ur/p2/index.htm

w00t.gif

Cheers

Phil Hastie

Canberra, The Nation's Capital

Australia

I didn't take you for a Neppie guy Phil biggrin.gif

Any chance of RAAF 11SQN markings? There are a few 10SQN sheets are around but I have had a hard time finding 11SQN material.

Plenty of images here though I not sure of the colour of the fincap, could be red.

Edited by Trojan Thunder
  • 8 months later...
3 hours ago, KursadA said:

Almost done designing this one - I like how it looks, I will be start posting profiles in a few days.

Another  Caracal release I'm super excited about!!!  A February release???

corey