Captured P38 Luftwaffe

Captured flyable Allied aircraft were usually painted dark green with yellow under surfaces. These were sent around to various jagdgeschwaders so pilots could become more familiar with the type. Rosarius Circus was a name commonly associated with these aircraft.

The latest Hellhawks book several times mentions missions where a flight or two was bothered by P-51s in such a way that the pilots believed them to be operated by Germans. No mention of yellow on those Mustangs so they would have been OD/NG or natural metal.

Captured flyable Allied aircraft were usually painted dark green with yellow under surfaces. These were sent around to various jagdgeschwaders so pilots could become more familiar with the type. Rosarius Circus was a name commonly associated with these aircraft.

The latest Hellhawks book several times mentions missions where a flight or two was bothered by P-51s in such a way that the pilots believed them to be operated by Germans. No mention of yellow on those Mustangs so they would have been OD/NG or natural metal.

Just finished reading a book on the Glenn Miller conspiracy. Good book by the way. The author has a large bibliography, and in he speaks of Kg200. Won't go into detail as it will spoil the book. Kg200 is a most interesting unit, that flew a lot of Allied airplanes all thru the war.

gary

I've done a couple of the Circus Rosarius planes. A P-47D and P-51 B. Seem I recall they were Cutting Edge decals. I think there were some for the P-38 as well. They had a lot of planes, especially a B-17 and a B-24 I believe.

65264c67.jpg

276f2ad92f5f0df0f7479094f81ea96f_zpsnutopnpg.jpg

Always looking for a recommended book. The Glenn Miller book, author, publisher, title, maybe? Thanks!

The Glenn Miller Conspiracy is by Hunton Downs Lt. Col. U.S. Army retired. ISBN-13:978-0-9779131-6-9

I've since picked up a book on Skorzeny, and think I have two others some place. You'll also see the name David Jablonsky. I found a copy of his book.

gary