Quinte International Airshow

The Quinte International Airshow is back for 2016. It is going to be at CFB Trenton in Trenton Ontario the Weekend of June 25&26.It is being described as a very large airshow and there is talk of participation by the RCAF, USAF, RAF and French AF to being with as well as other possible NATO countries.

There is to be a large static area with at least one of every type in service with the RCAF and large participation by the USAF

Some aircraft appear on both Static and Flying lists as they will be doing both.

aircraft in red are new additions

confirmed flying acts so far include:

Skyhawks parachute team-RCAF

Avro Lancaster -Canadian warplane Heritage Museum

Bell CH-146 Griffon (search and rescue demo) -RCAF

Canadair Tutors (X9)-RCAF's Snowbirds

CCF Harvard(full aerobatic demo)-Rick Volker

CCF Harvard X4-Canadian Harvard Aircraft Association

Interstate Cadet-Kent Peitch

Lockheed C-130 H-RCAF

Lockheed C-130J-RCAF

Lockheed F-22-USAF

Lockheed F-22 heritage flight with P-51-USAF

McDonnel-Douglas CF-18-RCAF

McDonnel-Douglas C-17-RCAF

North American B-25-Canadian warplane Heritage Museum

North American P-51 "Quicksilver"

Confirmed Static aircraft:

Aero Vodochody L-29-Acer Cold War Museum

Aero Vodochody L-29-Waterloo Warbirds

Avro Lancaster-Canadian warplane Heritage Museum

BAE CT-156 Hawk-RCAF

BAE CT-156 Hawk-RCAF [(the Camo painted 409 Sqn heritage bird )

BAE Jet Provost-Jet Aircraft Museum

Beech 18-Canadian warplane Heritage Museum

Beech King Air 90-RCAF

Beech King Air 200-RCAF

Bell CH-146 Griffon-RCAF

Boeing B-52-USAF

Boeing CH-47F Chinook-RCAF

Boeing E-3 Sentry-RAF

Boeing Stearman-Canadian warplane Heritage Museum

Boeing Stearman-Robert Martin

Bombardier Challenger 604-RCAF

Canadair T-33-Waterloo Warbirds

CASA 295-Mexican Air Force

CC-150 Polaris (airbus A310)-RCAF

Cessna 172-First Nation Technical Institute

Cessna 337 Skymaster-Casara's

deHavilland Tiger Moth-Canadian warplane Heritage Museum

deHaviland Vampire-Waterloo Warbirds

deHaviland Tiger Moth-Tiger Boys

deHaviland Canada Dash-8-RCAF

Douglas A-4-CAE/ Draken

Fleet Cornell-Tiger Boys

Fleet Finch-Hamilton Aero Club

Lockheed C-130H-RCAF

Lockheed C-130J-RCAF

Lockheed KC-130J-USMC

McDonnel-Douglas C-17-RCAF

McDonnel-Douglas CF-18-RCAF

McDonnel-Douglas KC-10-USAF

Nanchang CJ-6-Philip Nicholson

Noordyun Norseman-Canadian warplane Heritage Museum

North American (CCF) Harvard's Multiple-Canadian Harvard Association

North American (CCF)Harvard-Canadian warplane Heritage Museum

North American B-25-Canadian warplane Heritage Museum

North American T-28 -Dietmar Zschogner

North American P-51 "Quicksilver"

Raytheon CT-155 Harvard II-RCAF

Raytheon CT-155 Harvard II-RCAF (BCATP Anniversary scheme)

Sikorsky Sea King]-RCAF

Vought FG-1D Corsair-Vintage Wings of Canada

Westland Lysander-Vintage Wings of Canada

Yakovlev Yak-50- Gordon Price

Edited by martin_sam_2000

Hmmmm... Sister in law lives in Trenton. Maybe my wife needs to visit. Mua mua mua. I would hope a Polaris a Globemaster and a Herc would be around seeing that they live there.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by MacStingy

Hmmmm... Sister in law lives in Trenton. Maybe my wife needs to visit. Mua mua mua. I would hope a Polaris and a Herc would be around seeing that they live there.

Cheers

Paul

CC-130 and CC-150 are both sched for static display.

Sean

Sounds like it's going to be a big one. Still, it pales in comparison to the air shows held there all through the 1970's when I grew up in the area. I was planning a visit to see my sister so I'm going to see if I can move my holidays as my brother and his family are going. It better not rain.

Cheers,

Tom

All ready booked a camp site near by.70.gif

Besides Pres'quille provincial park where is close camping?

My grandparents lived in Trenton when I was growing up and the annual air show at the base was right of passage. Sadly they've passed away and I don't know where to stay anymore. Want to take my little girl.

Edited by bikerider

Besides Pres'quille provincial park where is close camping?

The Sandbanks near Picton is about a half hour away. There are some small parks as well

I'll be there, I live about 15 mins away.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going. Photo passes ordered and hotels booked. Maybe I'll run into some of you there...

On that note... I really wish they'd add a CH-149 to statics... I need references!

Edited by AnthonyWan

I'm going. Photo passes ordered and hotels booked. Maybe I'll run into some of you there...

On that note... I really wish they'd add a CH-149 to statics... I need references!

Doubt they would fly one of those in from the Maritimes just for we the airshow crowd. Sadly 424 only has Griffins.

Boy if someone could snap shots of the Ch47F I'd really appreciate it. Sounds like a good show. Sadly its way too far for me to get to but I'd love to see that Ch47F as I am planning a 1/72 build.

Have fun fellas!

:cheers:

Boy if someone could snap shots of the Ch47F I'd really appreciate it. Sounds like a good show. Sadly its way too far for me to get to but I'd love to see that Ch47F as I am planning a 1/72 build.

Have fun fellas!

:cheers:/>

Let me know what you need. I have some shots on my site HERE...first few are a CH-47D and the last few are CH-147F's. I see them once and a while here at work and I can most likely get whatever you are looking for.

Sean

HERE

Sean

Sean, that head on nose shot was perfect :thumbsup: . I haven't seen that angle before in photos and I can clearly see all the bits and bobs attached to the Chinooks nose. My starting point for the CH147F (kit wise) is the MH47 and that nose photo certainly makes me think I am on the right track. If you can ever get a good port and starboard side profile shot of the nose from its tip to just behind the pilot/copilot seats I would very much appreciate it. Also any photos of the door mounted weapons brackets/mounts would be great as well as shots of the upper spine and both engine pylons. I think I have enough photos of the countermeasures attachments but you know us modelers... :rolleyes:.

Thanks for the link to your photos! Your interior photos will come in handy indeed. Much appreciated. And thanks for the offer of snapping any additional shots should the opportunity present itself.

Best regards,

Don.

Sean, that head on nose shot was perfect :thumbsup:/> . I haven't seen that angle before in photos and I can clearly see all the bits and bobs attached to the Chinooks nose. My starting point for the CH147F (kit wise) is the MH47 and that nose photo certainly makes me think I am on the right track. If you can ever get a good port and starboard side profile shot of the nose from its tip to just behind the pilot/copilot seats I would very much appreciate it. Also any photos of the door mounted weapons brackets/mounts would be great as well as shots of the upper spine and both engine pylons. I think I have enough photos of the countermeasures attachments but you know us modelers... :rolleyes:/>.

Thanks for the link to your photos! Your interior photos will come in handy indeed. Much appreciated. And thanks for the offer of snapping any additional shots should the opportunity present itself.

Best regards,

Don.

Not a problem. This is why I take all the photos at airshows..lol. I usually get wierd looks when I am laying on the ground taking odd angles of gear bays and what not.

I will make a list and get what I can of the Chinook for you. i have early access so there won't be too many people around when I do this.

Sean