Quinte International Airshow

What happened to the B-52 flying? I'm sure there was a B-52 in the original post that was suppose to.

Tom

When they announced it originally they said a "B-52 would be participating in this years show". when it was finally added to the list it was only in the Static list. May have been a misunderstanding on our part (read excitement) or they may still be trying to get it flying in the show.. I have no idea.

Sean

Boy if someone could snap shots of the Ch47F I'd really appreciate it. Sounds like a good show. Sadly its way too far for me to get to but I'd love to see that Ch47F as I am planning a 1/72 build.

Have fun fellas!

:cheers:/>/>/>/>

Hi:

Last weekend was I was CFB Borden I came across this outside the aircraft museum there:

Chinook%20Fuselage_zpshwgo97zs.jpg

Not sure what the story is on it. For the Aircraft Battle Damage Repair School, perhaps?

Cheers,

Scott

Edited by Scott Taylor

Chinook%20Fuselage_zpshwgo97zs.jpg

Yeah that's an older U.S. Army Chinook used by Canada and given Canadian serial #147205 that crashed in Afghanistan back in 2011. I thought it originally had nose art on it somewhere...perhaps removed or painted/censored out at some point? Last I heard it was sitting outside a hangar in Petawawa but its obviously been moved to Borden (possible museum piece or perhaps battle damage tool?) A cool picture nonetheless and I saved it for my own personal collection I hope that's o.k.

Hey now I know what to do if I screw up my Chinook...instant diorama :lol:.

Thanks for posting it.

:cheers:

EDIT: here she is after Afghanistan accident:

ch147d_202_crash_zpsz9ecnhj3.jpg

Edited by Don
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice.

For anyone who is going Saturday - I will be in the photo area 12-4 with a black VMFA-121 Green Knights t-shirt. Come say hi.

I will also be in the photo area on sat. Not sure what shirt ill be wearing but I will have black shorts and a black Lancaster hat.

Sean