Hi guys

Well tgis is my first build for the group build, the kit is a tamiya spitfire(obviously) mk.vb

I have a eduard pe set, some resin(wheels prop,cannons) and moskit exhaust.

Im really a novice when it comes to WWII RAF so there might be some inaccuracies.

Ive startes on the pit,installed all the pe painted the interior green. Ive also assembled the wings.

Picture will come soon, i have a 12days old baby so time is hard to get

Cheers

Neo

Edited by Neo
  • 3 weeks later...

i have a 12days old baby

Cheers

Neo

Congrats, pal! How does #1 get along with #2? Everything ok or are there still adjustment issues?

Hope all is well and get to the build when you can.

All the best!

Mike

Edited by AX 365
  • 3 weeks later...

Congrats, pal! How does #1 get along with #2? Everything ok or are there still adjustment issues?

Hope all is well and get to the build when you can.

All the best!

Mike

Thanks Mike

#1 is getting allong real good, #2 is more of a PITA than her older sister was! But we will live,

In the mean time, cockpit is done and fuselage is closed up.

Here is a quick picture of the pit

IMG_20160411_224052.jpg?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice pit! Really like the seat back cushion!

Dave

Thanks

Its made of a piece of blue tack, used i tooth pick to make the line then painted tan.

The fun part is installing it requires no glue !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very realistic-looking seat. I like your Blue Tack idea. Might use it at some point. How goes the little one? Are you coming to visit soon? We're headed to Montreal this weekend to visit our son (his birthday Sunday), plus a side trip to Ottawa where we're going out with my Uncle and my cousins. While in Ottawa, we will be having a quick coffee with Mike Murphy. I'm sure we'll be talking about your Spitfire, and your two small-scale humans!

ALF

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone

well after a long time away from the bench and a crazy painting story ive finally finished the main color scheme!!

it firs started with some Badger Model flex paint that i happen to have in the right camo color , im not a fan of acrylics but ive had good results with model flex. but not so much this time.... the paint started off too thick and would not run trought my Badger Sotar 2020, so i transfered it to my patriot 105,still not wanting to flow i thinned it but for some odd reason it started to separate and clog my airbrush, by now my camo job was a mess so i cleaned my ab then spayed some ab cleaner on my model to get the paint off. This was successful, but the finishing touch is i dropped my airbrush and bent the needle... :bandhead2: :bandhead2: :bandhead2:

I gave the paint a second try with the same result (less the bent needle) i guess that jar is just bad

so 1 month later and with a new needle and Humbrol enamel 29 & 30 ive finally got a result i love!

all painted free hand with my Sotar 2020 enjoy!

IMG_20160710_133412%20small.jpg?dl=0

IMG_20160710_224443%20small.jpg?dl=0

Perseverance is key!

I'm glad you got it working for the paint, Neo... the way you described it over beers in Chicoutimi, it didn't sound like fun! :thumbsup:

Looking good.

ALF

paintwork looks good Humbrol 29/30 is the way I usually go

Martin H

Thanks Martin

I'm glad you got it working for the paint, Neo... the way you described it over beers in Chicoutimi, it didn't sound like fun! :thumbsup:/>

Looking good.

ALF

Oh yeah, Humbrol just does it for me they better not stop making this stuff!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...