Hello all,

I just finished up a Moebius Galactica kit. The guns on the top and bottom were replaced with some resin after market.

02_zpsxfrxsezm.jpg

03_zps2c8beyn8.jpg

04_zpslklpqfwb.jpg

01_zpsitjkxdhj.jpg

I wanted to make the base a little more stable so I cut a groove matching the shape of the plastic base in a craft store wood base. Then it was epoxied in place and cleaned up with some Bondo.

05_zpsma17qw3x.jpg

Els

Great job Els :thumbsup:

Did you follow the kit instructions for the paint scheme? I have seen quite a few variations of it to give different effects. I like the way yours turned!

On the base, did you just stain it and seal it (the wood part that is!)

Thanks.

Phantom, build that NX-01, it is a nice change of pace to get away from aircraft from time to time.

Trojan, I kind of followed the kit instructions. I had planned on using some homemade panel decals to cover the silver like I did on the Pegasus that I built. I had a problem with my printer though. It kept on printing with a red tint instead of just gray scale ( I can't remember how to calibrate it). I ended up just using Tamiya spray bomb silver and then Tamiya gun metal for the darker shade.

I didn't stain the base. I base coated it with a khaki color then I used dark brown and an old bush to make some streaks over the khaki. Once that was dry I mixed Tamiya clear green and red together to get a clear brown. Several layers of this were airbrushed over the base and this was what darkened it up and gave it a shine.