Since the real aircraft is located in a very sunny place, you may choose to break up the solid blocks of grey with spots of lighter shades

Looking real good though

Pakistani J-7's varied greatly. Some got weathered and paled, some in flight shots show spotless, well maintained colours. So it ain't necessarily so.

I decided to go over it with a wash. I used a UMP clay wash which is water based, you are supposed to put it on let it dry for 30 minutes and wipe off with a damp cloth. It has to be over a good gloss coat or it will stain (as I learned on a previous build). The results are pretty good, a couple lines look too dark but I can work on those.

20160410_123134.jpg

20160410_124155.jpg

They still fly them, but they are being replaced with the JF-17.

It is the Mirages that are being replaced by the JF-17. The US just granted acceptance to deliver 8 off brand new Viper to Pakistan.

Flat coat is on, and I added the fuel tanks. The kit comes with a variety of missiles, and you are supposed to use four missiles and a centerline tank but it does come with two tanks. So I put the tanks on the outboard pylons and I'm using the PL-5 missiles since it looks close enough to the AIM-9. I looked at using the Sidewinders from an old Revell F-15 but they are covered in ejector pin marks and weren't worth the effort. Many of the pictures of the F-7 show it with Sidewinders on the inboard pylons and fuel tanks on the outboard and I like the two tone tanks. The pylons for the missiles don't match any I've seen for Pakistani aircraft but they are close enough for me.

Now I just need to stencil the missiles and add a few clear pieces to finish it up.

20160410_190050.jpg

It is the Mirages that are being replaced by the JF-17. The US just granted acceptance to deliver 8 off brand new Viper to Pakistan.

F-7s too are being replaced by JF-17. Just this week new JF-17s replaced a squadron of F-7Ps.

I have always seen PAF F-7, Mirage have the same colors as their F-16s. This saves cost of having to paint different schemes on different planes.

Great job on the kit. However, the insignia on the tail looks inverted. Or its a Trumpeter goof up.

F-7s too are being replaced by JF-17. Just this week new JF-17s replaced a squadron of F-7Ps.

I have always seen PAF F-7, Mirage have the same colors as their F-16s. This saves cost of having to paint different schemes on different planes.

Great job on the kit. However, the insignia on the tail looks inverted. Or its a Trumpeter goof up.

You are right, I think it is inverted. That's my mistake.

I really like the shape of those wings! I wonder how come Trumpeter never scaled down this kit to 1:72.

For that matter, I wonder if there is a set to convert Revell's Mig-21F-13 into this.

Edited by RKic

Great job. If you need to, I could see about making a stencil for you so you could retouch the PAF logo on the tail. I just need the graphic and the dimensions and I have a cutting machine I could use to cut the stencil on Tamiya yellow tape sheet. You would need to match the colors though.