CD72056 - 1/72 B-1B Lancer

CD72056 will be a 1/72 scale sheet for the Monogram B-1B kit; printed to the same standard as the 48 scale B-1B sheet I released a couple months ago (which, by the way, is going fast). It will include all of the options on the 1/48 scale counterpart and a couple of new options.

I will release a 1/144 version as well - I just created another thread for that sheet (CD144003).

Edited by KursadA

As far as "new options" are concerned, please consider the initial "Strategic Scheme" (the wraparound camouflage of Gunship Gray FS36118, Euro I Gray FS36081 and Green Drab FS34086.) That allows us to use the early turkey feather exhausts in the Monogram kit without searching and paying for the zillion dollar resin exhausts. Plus the scheme is much more interesting than the boring "all-over gray." Thanks for considering this.

Oh YES!!! :woot.gif:/> Bring 'em on, I hear Barracuda is doing his resin bits in 72nd, so maybe the 3 or 4 kits I have will finally get finished!!! No longer :deadhorse1:/>

Graham where the heck are you going to put them :) I know you have one Monogram B-1 built and it was great. Do you still have that on a shelf somewhere?

I just got the 1/48 B-1 sets from Barracuda and they are an amazing piece of workmanship. Almost afraid to use them. I cannot even imagine what these would look like in 1/72nd. Thank goodness I only have one kit now. Had two but I slapped myself and got rid of 1.

• 5 months later...

It is a bit late to add anything to this sheet; the design has been fixed a while ago. I am curious about this particular airframe though - do you have any photos? The 1/48 scale sheet sold really well and should sell out shortly, and I am considering a second 1/48 sheet sometime next year.

Sure have been collecting a few; this is the tail marking I am looking for; 28th BS 34th BW

http://www.aerialvisuals.ca/AirframeDossier.php?Serial=156761

not with the "Thunderbird Sqn" in early cam

85-0072/DY B-1B 7th BW, Dyess AFB, RAF Alconbury 23-08-93

tail, again not with the "Thunderbirds'

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1273207893/Dyess+AFB+pics+(Mainly+BONEs)

HTH

Sure have been collecting a few; this is the tail marking I am looking for; 28th BS 34th BW

http://www.aerialvisuals.ca/AirframeDossier.php?Serial=156761

not with the "Thunderbird Sqn" in early cam

85-0072/DY B-1B 7th BW, Dyess AFB, RAF Alconbury 23-08-93

tail, again not with the "Thunderbirds'

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1273207893/Dyess+AFB+pics+(Mainly+BONEs)

HTH

Wow that camo one is cool. That must be an early one without the ECM mods I would think. Have to look more closely at teh pictures and even find some more. Not a big fan of the overall gunship grey schemes so that is a nice one.

• 1 month later...

CD72056 will be one of my next batch of releases, coming in early/mid November. The options on this sheet are:

• B-1B 85-0073 "Dark Knight", 9th BS, Dyess AFB
  • B-1B 86-0126 "Hungry Devil", 28th BS, Dyess AFB
  • B-1B 86-0121 "Symphony of Destruction", 37th BS, Ellsworth AFB
  • B-1B 86-0132 "Oh! Hardluck", 337th TES, Dyess AFB
  • B-1B 86-0139 "Dakota Queen", 34th BS, Ellsworth AFB
  • B-1B 85-0059 "The Last Laugh", Georgia ANG ,128th BS, Robins AFB
  • B-1B 85-0069 "Home Improvement" Kansas ANG, 127th BS, McConnell AFB

The nose art are printed using Cartograf's excellent four-color printing process on the same sheet, just like the earlier 1/48 scale sheet (which is about to be sold out, BTW). There is a second page (not shown) with wing walkways and some other black markings.

cd72056draft.jpg

Edited by KursadA

All of the options on this sheet are overall gray. The 1/144 sheet coming in December will also have the same options.  

I will consider investing in the significant design and research effort to cover the poorly documented, pre-digital photography era camouflaged aircraft only after I sell out the 1/48 and 1/72 sheets I currently offer.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:37 AM, KursadA said:

CD72056 will be one of my next batch of releases, coming in early/mid November. The options on this sheet are:

• B-1B 85-0059 "The Last Laugh", Georgia ANG ,128th BS, Robins AFB
  • B-1B 85-0069 "Home Improvement" Kansas ANG, 127th BS, McConnell AFB

The nose art are printed using Cartograf's excellent four-color printing process on the same sheet, just like the earlier 1/48 scale sheet (which is about to be sold out, BTW). There is a second page (not shown) with wing walkways and some other black markings.

cd72056draft.jpg

Edited by Johnopfor
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Sold out!! This sheet and its 1/48 counterpart were very successful. Grab one from a reseller if you want one - this one will not be reprinted for a couple of years at least. In the meantime, I will soon announce a new 1/72 B-1B sheet to replace it.

• 4 years later...
On 7/9/2018 at 2:56 AM, KursadA said:

Sold out!! This sheet and its 1/48 counterpart were very successful. Grab one from a reseller if you want one - this one will not be reprinted for a couple of years at least. In the meantime, I will soon announce a new 1/72 B-1B sheet to replace it.

Five years has passed. Do you have any plans for this reprint? or another grey B-1B? In both 72 and 48 pls.