Aztec Airbrush A7778

Hey Guys,

So my Aztec Metal body A7778 Airbrush turned up yesterday and I was so excited to see all the goodies in the wooden box. After playing around with it for a while I went to undo the Tan Nozzle and noticed that the head of the airbrush where you screw the nozzle into wobbled and I can actually twist that whole section around. Is this normal, or should I be sending it back to Testors to get fixed?

thanks for your help, Mike.

Hi Andrew,

I've sent them an email and I'm waiting for them to contact me, unfortunately I'm moving over the next few days and my internet gets turned off tomorrow until about Tuesday next week. When I hear from them I'll post their remarks here.

...should I be sending it back to Testors to get fixed?

Fixed??? No such thing with an Aztek. Only thing they can do is replace (if it's still in warranty). The airbrush body is sealed and the only way to get inside is to compromise the body to look at the internal parts. When I repped for Testors at the I-Hobby Show they gave me an airbrush body which had one half of the body popped open to show the internal parts. I still have it....buried somewhere.

Edited by 86Sabreboy1

In my opinion you should be sending it back to Testors to get your money back. Some people get on well with them, but a lot of users have a lot of trouble with them. You got something brand new right out of the box...and it seems to be broken already. Not a good sign. I have one from many years ago and tried it and never ever used it.

There are many other name brands that will serve you much better.

Bob

The Aztek is a good airbrush and will serve you fine. I've been using mine for the past ten years or so. I also have an Iwata but I wish it had a bigger paint cup. It's also hard for me to find the occasional spare part that I need for it. The Aztek, for me, has been a fine workhorse and, if the need arises, spare tips are readily available in town at my local hobby shop.

Eric

Thanks Guys I'm still waiting for Testors to email me back, mmmmm... :bandhead2:/>

Just hang in there. It won't be an overnight replacement. It might be a couple of weeks but they will get it to you. It's the perfect opportunity to start on another kit while you're waiting for the airbrush to come back. :woot.gif:

Eric

So, here's the long and short of it, you got a terrible airbrush from a terrible company. I used to spend more time cleaning (or attempting to clean that airbrush) than actually painting with my Aztec oh sure it'll work out for the first couple times but since you can't take it apart to clean it (most other airbrushes can be disassembled without much trouble for cleaning) over time it will get clogged with old paint that is nearly impossible to clean out. The nozzles are absolute garbage and frequently have to be replaced (making this airbrush overall not so inexpensive). If you want my recommendation, send it back for a refund to the place you got it from or from Testers directly (they did replace mine but I've never used it since). Instead pick up a Harder & Steenbeck Evolution Silverline airbrush, they're fairly priced well-made and engineered, easy to clean and loadup, sprays very fine lines for detail work and gives great coverage for large projects (comes with 2 size needles as well to start). I will never use another airbrush other than a Harder & Steebeck EVER. PERIOD.

(they did replace mine but I've never used it since).

Hello dsahling,

If you ever decide to give your Aztec airbrush away for free, since you do not use it, please let me know and I'll take it.

Regards

Edited by Kaibutsu

So, here's the long and short of it, you got a terrible airbrush from a terrible company.

This is a highly subjective statement. As I had mentioned in my post, I've been using mine for a good ten years and it's never given me a lick of troubles. I use it a lot. I clean it thoroughly afterwards. I enjoy using it more than my Iwata. I'm sorry if you had bad luck with yours but I and I'm sure many others are having no troubles with their Azteks. It might not be the shiny cool or "in" thing to have but it does work just fine.

Eric

So, here's the long and short of it, you got a terrible airbrush from a terrible company...

...I will never use another airbrush other than a Harder & Steebeck EVER. PERIOD.

I won't go so far as to bash another airbrush company. Others have the Aztek and like it. However, if you don't get the hoped for response/result and consider another airbrush, you might consider Grex. At least with Grex, through the use of the AD31 adapter with a side feed airbrush, Tritium TS3 or Genesis XSi3, you can still use the Aztek color cups you already have. I personally like the Tritium TS3/AD31/Aztek color cup configuration myself.

AD31.jpg

AD31_with_TritiumTS_AZ2_zpsa962e5ff.jpg

6 year limited warranty, fast customer service response to emails and inquiries. I'm not saying Grex is the only way to go but there is adaptability which most other airbrush companies don't provide.

Thanks again everybody for the heads up, I'm still waiting for Testors to answer my email. A friend of mine has 3 metal Aztek A7778 and he told me 2 that he uses all the time have tight fitting heads and the third which is basically still brand new with very little use wobbles at the front like mine does. :dontknow:

Thanks again everybody for the heads up, I'm still waiting for Testors to answer my email. A friend of mine has 3 metal Aztek A7778 and he told me 2 that he uses all the time have tight fitting heads and the third which is basically still brand new with very little use wobbles at the front like mine does. :dontknow:/>

All the metal body A7778 is the same plastic bodied airbrush with the same internal parts. Testors introduced the metal body for those who complained about the plastic body airbrush feeling too light in the hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Any word from Testors? Would've figured an update by now.

No word yet, I've given up :tumble:/>/>/> I sent Testors an email some time ago now and nothing. I'm just conscious that the front is a bit loose and when I'm putting in and taking out the nozzle I'm just extra careful. The airbrush works beautifully and is an absolute pleasure to use so I'll just keep on using it till :wmsmiley-poop-hits-the-fan:/>/>/>

Well, it seems all is not lost after all. After going back onto Testors web page I went to the tips section and there I found what the process was for sending my airbrush back. After sending them another email this time to the correct department I got a reply back the next day. They told me to send the body back with a note with my addy on it and a reference number they gave me. So first thing in the morning I'll go to the post and send the airbrush body back, and in 4 to 6 weeks I should have a replacement airbrush. :banana::nanner::banana:

That's good news, Mike.

I guess the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at Testors. Somebody should have delivered your first email to the correct department.

Anyway, it was received.

Thanks for the update.

Well, it seems all is not lost after all. After going back onto Testors web page I went to the tips section and there I found what the process was for sending my airbrush back. After sending them another email this time to the correct department I got a reply back the next day. They told me to send the body back with a note with my addy on it and a reference number they gave me. So first thing in the morning I'll go to the post and send the airbrush body back, and in 4 to 6 weeks I should have a replacement airbrush. :banana:/> :nanner:/> :banana:/>

4 to 6 weeks!?!?! That's nuts. Seriously,,,What are they going to do??? Watch your airbrush grow mold on it before sending a new one???

4 to 6 weeks!?!?! That's nuts. Seriously,,,What are they going to do??? Watch your airbrush grow mold on it before sending a new one???

Yeah I know but don't forget mate I'm living Down Under in a regional area where it takes at least 3 days to get something posted from Sydney, even though it's only a 7 hour drive. Besides I've got a back up airbrush and I'm happy to wait for a new replacement.