paint to use for P-40E

I like Xtracolour also. Their Faded OD looks pretty good for some purposes, too.

I think Humbrol's version is way too dark, unless you're doing a factory fresh finish, I guess.

I really like Xtracolour. I think the colors themselves are very good. Airbrushed (properly thinned) they cover very nicely and I often brush paint mine and generally get a smooth finish. Most of their colors are glossy (I think US Interior Green and RLM 02 can be had in gloss or matte), so the application of decals can be done without having to add that extra gloss coat you need for flat paints.

Dave,

Thank you for that. I have added some red to the AeroMaster. And while it has darkened, it still looks too green to my eye. Actually you have made a good point. I have painted the fuselage where the windows will go. And each side has been painted a little red on 1 side and a with a little more red on the other side. I will wait awhile and compare them. Right now they still look too green, but are darker than the original. Thanks again to all that have responded.

Mike

OD 41 viewed or photographed indoors under artificial light will appear greenish. :(

take it outdoors and view it in natural daylight - if it still looks green it's not right.

(it should look khaki/brownish when lit by the sun.)

OD 41 viewed or photographed indoors under artificial light will appear greenish. :(/>

take it outdoors and view it in natural daylight - if it still looks green it's not right.

(it should look khaki/brownish when lit by the sun.)

Helpful info goes along with what Dave said about drying time color changes. Again thanks to all responding.

Mike