1/48 T-33 decal plans for the GWH kit

Before anyone asks: yes, I will be doing new decals for the coming GWH kit. These have been in the works for a while.

Many of you have my existing 1/48 scale ANG T-33 sheets. Some of you might have read the inane & ridiculous claim that "decals designed for other kits will not fit" the GWH kit; posted in other threads. My T-33 artwork has been designed to conform to the USAF marking specs, and dimensions & shapes were verified against dozens of photos as well as scale plans.

I hereby guarantee that your existing Caracal Models T-33 sheets will work for the GWH kit. I will make them work: In the unlikely case that some shape-specific elements (such as rudder markings) do not fit the GHW kit well, I will immediately get a correction insert printed. The insert will be free to anyone who bought my existing T-33 sheets (CD48016 and CD48018) at any point in time.

Please do not be misled - you can buy my existing T-33 sheets in full confidence that I stand behind them. Needless to say, any future T-33 sheet from Caracal Models will be designed to fit the GWH kit. And I promise to have interesting sheets in the market; very soon after the kit is released.

Edited by KursadA

5021st Tactical Operations Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, AK mid 1980's please? All the 5021st T-Birds were brought up to Eielson in '86 when Augustine Volcano erupted. They had them all stored in the Birchwood Hanger. I wished I could have gotten a pic of them. We had one at our open house and I thought it was so cool with the spider on the tip tank.

Edited by Drifterdon

My supervisor and I went out one day to get shots for the Bare Metal decals. It was only about 70 below or so at the time and his camera froze up. Notice the build up on the aircraft? That's just from the cold and wind. Each month I would have to go out and change all the maps and charts in the T-33s and 106s except when it reached about 85 below.

Kursad,

I sincerely hope that you are considering a TNI-AU subject for a future T-33. I have one at my workplace which is close in appearance to their time in service but not authentic. This link has some useful information though:

http://garudamiliter.blogspot.co.id/2013/07/t-33a-awalnya-bukan-pesawat-tempur.html

Note the camouflage giving the appearance of a shark, an interesting subject although the kit will need a gun nose which I understand GWH may not be including.

Cheers,

Ken

Not limited by me!!! I would love a new Red Knight and Golden Hawk CT-133!

Hmmm.......Canuck decals on line today???? Talk to them about this MONEY making idea Sunday.w00t.gif

BTW, does the ADC grey have a little blue tint to it?

Not that I've ever noticed.

If you're talking about the pictures it could just be the lighting in the pictures. The lower ones were taken in a hanger during a ceremony to accept the F-106sreplacements, the F-15A. The lighting in there made them look a bit different. If it's the outside shos, it could be the cold.

Hi Kursad,

Just wanted to reinforce why you need to do a TNI AU T-33A on one of your upcoming sheets thanks to a rare blue sky day. They have a pretty cool scheme, although the preserved one varies slightly from the in-service shots, note serial TS 3333 on the preserved aircraft when the inservice shot shows it as J 3333 when in East Timor in the 1970s or 80s.

IMG_2925.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_2919.jpg

101.jpg

3.jpg

I have to admit this is a beautiful scheme. I am still planning my USAF and international T-33 sheets, and this TNI-AU aircraft will be one of the top choices for my international T-33 sheet.

I have to admit this is a beautiful scheme. I am still planning my USAF and international T-33 sheets, and this TNI-AU aircraft will be one of the top choices for my international T-33 sheet.

Glad you like it and will consider it for a sheet. I am sure Alex can add more info too when the time comes.