Colorful T-33A Shooting Stars: Burma, Iran and Philippines

It's a pleasure to announce our upcoming sheets HD 48035 & HD 72065 intended for the soon to be released GWH kit in 1/48th scale, as well as for the Platz, Sword and Hasegawa offerings in 1/72nd scale.

The sheets include markings for 6 colorful, never before covered T-33As, serving with the air forces of:

Iran (IIAF) - NMF (1960) and target tug Orange/Grey (1964) schemes

Iran (IRIAF) - Pale Grey (1988) and Light Blue/Dark Blue (1997) schemes

Burma (UBAF) - NMF/Day-Glo Orange (1971)

Philippines (PhAF) - Aircraft Grey with sharkmouth (1972)

These decals are scheduled for release end of April. Profiles will be posted soon.

Thanks for reading

Diego

Edited by Diego

It's a pleasure to announce our upcoming sheets HD 48035 & HD 72065 intended for the soon to be released GWH kit in 1/48th scale, as well as for the Platz, Sword and Hasegawa offerings in 1/73nd scale.

The sheet includes markings for 6 colorful, never before covered T-33As, serving with the air forces of:

Iran (IIAF) - NMF as well as Orange/Grey schemes

Iran (IRIAF) - Pale Grey as well as Light Blue/Dark Blue schemes

Burma (UBAF) - NMF & Day-Glo Orange

Philippines (PhAF) - Aircraft Grey with sharkmouth

The sheets will be released end of April. Profiles will be posted soon.

Thanks for reading

Diego

Wow great news Diego. Looking forward to the profiles.

I am always interested when I can do something a bit different and that Burma scheme with the day-glo sounds neat.

Thanks

Hi Chris,

The Burmese T-bird has the nose as well as the entire tail section painted in day-glo orange.

A red & white rudder checkerboard,red tip tanks, a big unit crest and the blue-white-yellow national markings complete the colorful look.

It took some years to complete the data but now it's ready B)

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego

Hi Chris,

The Burmese T-bird has the nose as well as the entire tail section painted in day-glo orange.

A red rudder checkerboard, the big unit crest and the blue-white-yellow national markings complete the colorful look.

It took some years to complete the data but now it's practically ready B)/>

Greetings

Diego

Ok I am even more excited now. I am really looking forward to the sheet now. I have already built my 1/48 Sea Fury in Burmese markings and it was a chore using two different sheets. I am sure your sheet will be much more accurate as well as outstanding quality. Maybe the same squadron?

Not to take away too much from the thread but here is a pic of my Sea Fury. Seems to be a similar scheme to what you are describing without the day-glo.

10585731774_6cf9daab2b_c.jpg

Wow! Many thanks for sharing it! It's really a great work you have done on the Sea Fury. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Unfortunately, the full order of battle of the UBAF during the 1960-70 is not well known, but the T-33s indeed replaced the Sea Furies from the 1 Sqn, 501 Wing, based at Yangon AB.

The Sea Fury and the T-bird will surely make a nice couple :wub:

A small footnote concerning Burmese Sea Furies: On February 14, 1961, the UBAF 1 Sqn Sea Furies intercepted an intruding Kuomintang Privateer and Lt. Noel Peters, a British pilot flying for the UBAF shot it down. During this confrontation his Sea Fury,serialled UB 466, was also badly damaged by the Privateer gunfire and crashed, killing the pilot.

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego

Love your stuff Diego, but whatever happened to the Phantom sheet announced seven months ago?

As Kursad annonced that he is working on a very similar sheet, our F-4E 2020 project has been put on hold - honestly, I think it would be simply a bit silly to duplicate the same stuff... and there are many other great themes waiting for realisation, like these T-33 :rolleyes:

Edited by Diego

Repeating the Turkish decals might be a waste, but the Egyptian Phantoms still need some love.

What ever happened to the promised DCANG F-4D Hill grey F-4D?

They will be released directly after the T-33 sheet - first the EAF F-4Es, then the ANG F-4C/Ds :)

Edited by Diego