Spent the past days doing up the cockpit. The instrument panel is reasonably detailed but the dials themselves have no details. I dry brushed everything with silver.

rPqmgDe.jpg

zu6y3R3.jpg

My attempt at painting the seat. It's my first time I'm using an Ultracast part and I'm really impressed with it. It's highly detailed and the attachment points are so thin, all it takes is a few passes with a sharp edge and they're ready to use. I'm definitely considering using more Ultracast products with my future builds.

ZK506GO.jpg

NqVotE6.jpg

Shortly after taking the photos above, Murphy's Law struck again and the top half of the seatbelts snapped off from my ham-fistedness. After lots of swearing and a quick repair and repaint job, I glued everything together. Since I had planned to keep the canopy closed from the beginning, I hope my mistake won't show through too much at the end.

HJ5p1mA.jpg

Nothing really new to add except that I might not be finishing this kit for the GB. The fit is pretty much terrible all around and it's sucking the fun (and time) down the drain. I'm putting it aside for now, I might come back to it later if there's time near the end of the GB.

Nothing really new to add except that I might not be finishing this kit for the GB. The fit is pretty much terrible all around and it's sucking the fun (and time) down the drain. I'm putting it aside for now, I might come back to it later if there's time near the end of the GB.

WW,

Sorry to hear of the black hole you've hit with this kit. I built this version of the Italeri Mk IX and it turned out quite well. It did require a bit of filler around the cowling area but nothing extensive. Don't give up. It turns into a fine build as I illustrated in the Inspiration thread.

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1472&bih=743&q=italeri+spitfire+mk+ix&oq=italeri+spitfire+mk+ix&gs_l=img.12..0i24.1522.9127.0.10938.22.9.0.13.13.0.105.800.8j1.9.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.22.839.-E2mRLqdaeg#imgrc=YdAu2QTg5buvUM%3A

Continued good luck when you get back to it.

Mike

Yea that kit is a re box of the Occidental kit.... A real dog.... I finished one last year and it took almost a year to build..... Once I just came to realize that it was gonna be a filling and sanding education, It actually started to come together cause I wasn't expecting much....

Here's how it turned out...

A0A8FC35-0782-4705-B69C-8E81D9105907.jpg

I picked up the same kit you have for a decent price just for the markings and the beer kegs so I could use them on a Eduard kit LOL

Good luck and don't give up!

Dave

Edited by Tomcat Tweeker
  • 4 weeks later...