Some shots from the Heritage Con

You could always go to the Ajax or London shows Ret, if you miss TorCan.

For the foil on my models, I use chocolate bar wrappers. Now, Aero and Caramilk have, in the past year or so, changed their packaging but I have 3 or 4 sheets of their 'old' wrappers and that's what I use for my LMs. I have 2 more in my stash and think I have enough foil to get these done.

To adhere the foil to the model, I use Microscale Foil Adhesive. Just brush it on the reverse side, let it dry, put it on some waxed paper and cut out as needed. It's just tacky enough to adhere to the model. I'm still trying differing methods for applying the foil to the styrene to get the 'billowy' effect.

LMcollectionlo-rez.jpg

I also use Model Master Enamels. I like Enamels because Acrylics dry a shade lighter and it's just that little bit more difficult to match a colour after it has dried.

Pete

Thanks Pete - I'll try for Ajax and London. I'm trying to collect foil from different sources - but it's tough to find just the right colour. Do you know if they have microscale foil adhesive at Wings and Wheels? Seems like the best bet. Love your work on the Revell stack - have followed your build closely - I've got that kit and am trying to figure what to do with it. I'd love to do the conversion to the block II but don't feel I've got the skill. Am thinking of doing it as an enginering mockup or maybe as a notional Block 1 as imagined in 1966.

Wings and Wheels should have it. I just bought a bottle at Modelers Choice in Hamilton last Sunday after the model show.

This Apollo Lunar Spacecraft model is my favourite! And thanx by the way! I built it almost 50 years ago and in the last 6 months have scored 2 others off of ebay. I looked to see how much info is out there for the Block 1 version and it ... is ... scant. Not many photos of the Block 1 CSM. Whatever you choose to do, by all means, have fun.

I can't stop say it. Amazing Job!!!!!

Ricardo

You could always go to the Ajax or London shows Ret, if you miss TorCan.

For the foil on my models, I use chocolate bar wrappers. Now, Aero and Caramilk have, in the past year or so, changed their packaging but I have 3 or 4 sheets of their 'old' wrappers and that's what I use for my LMs. I have 2 more in my stash and think I have enough foil to get these done.

To adhere the foil to the model, I use Microscale Foil Adhesive. Just brush it on the reverse side, let it dry, put it on some waxed paper and cut out as needed. It's just tacky enough to adhere to the model. I'm still trying differing methods for applying the foil to the styrene to get the 'billowy' effect.

LMcollectionlo-rez.jpg

I also use Model Master Enamels. I like Enamels because Acrylics dry a shade lighter and it's just that little bit more difficult to match a colour after it has dried.

Pete

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I got to meet Ret today -- fantastic fellow!   Learned some tips and tricks from him, too!  Hey, Real space needs some real space next year -- what a tiny spot at the table.    That CM was montrous, though.  I got so used to the size of my Dragon 1/48 that  when I saw the 1/32  I was all over it -- Beautiful build!  Remarkable work, too, on that shuttle MLP!

Hi, Pete, we were looking for you!  We were hoping to examine your LM!   I saw Ricardo -- I was surprised to see him behind his own booth of Mig paints and modelling supplies.   

C3v4Tl2.jpg

jqpt2ro.jpg

1B0dvvk.jpg

VTSwvfP.jpg

6TqQfWo.jpg

fvKCfN8.jpg

27jpS1r.jpg

bXmCWoW.jpg

De0M293.jpg

ELF3zbu.jpg

klkfNCm.jpg

NZYOyvq.jpg

zC6HGtH.jpg

EKKwrmY.jpg

4n7VDwZ.jpg

h4dtpGK.jpg

yNYbD59.jpg

PefWHVS.jpg

I was happy to discover that the CSM I saw at last year's event was still there.   After getting inspiration from Ret's CSM I was ecstatic to be holding the very kit in my hands.   Beautiful huge parts.   Ret did warn me of the challenging seams.

7sAU8Y7.jpg

1WpYg4T.jpg

I was on the lookout for a 1/48 A7 as well and saw 2 kits -- a HobbyBoss A-7B and a Hasegawa A-7E.    I wanted to grab both but ran out of dough so only the Hase got to go home with me.  Beautiful kit!   And, hey, that box art looked so familiar --  now I know where Trumpeter patterned theirs after, right down to that pilot looking over his shoulder  :)

YWDInC7.jpg

5sU09RB.jpg

Just saw on another thread that other ARCers were there, too!   

Edited by crackerjazz

Glad you guys kept up a Real Space presence ... I had hoped to get there but, my rad blew the day before and it won't get fixed till today, Monday.

That 1/32 CSM does have some pretty good seams ... and Ret, it looks like you it justice ... you'll enjoy the build CJ, and I'm surprised the kit was still available a year later!

And the other ARC'ers sometimes get a group photo taken ... you should have photo bombed 'em!  :thumbsup:

I'll hafta wait till the London or Ajax shows.

Thanx for taking the pix CJ!!

Pete

Hi CJ and Pete,

It was really great meeting you on Sunday and chatting.  What I like about working on these projects is talking over things and being inspired by what you all do. Thanks as well for your photos and kind words - it's always good to get feedback.  Sometimes it feels like a solitary pursuit. Thanks as well to Pete - I've admired your work for some time now and am always inspired by your work. 

If I can I'll try and post some images from other projects - sorry for the delay in writing, my wife and I are in the midst of some home renos - so I'm a bit tied up.

Thanks again - RET