Indelicate question about Dave Klaus.

Black_List_Button_Lowres.jpg

Yes, yes I am. I was one of the 'woodwork' people providing leads and references. The last straw was when I gave him a decal printing lead and he stuck it to them. I pointed it out and he stated I was unpatriotic as the decal company wasn't American and then black-listed me forever.

Regards,

Not at all.

As Meteor Productions was imploding/being shut down, Klaus lost the considerable influence he held over the hobby, and the many(!) adversaries he created over the years started to become more vocal about the man, his business, and it's many failings. Probably the biggest issue was that he started turning on his customers: many(!) people who had business dealings with him had seen their relationship sour and were blacklisted by Meteor, but he generally kept a positive face for the punters. Towards the end, he started blacklisting customers left and right, too (call about a problem with your order? say something he didn't like on Hyperscale or ARC? question the accuracy of a product? Blacklist.)

During this period, he also released a series of bizarre video rants; he didn't seem to be wearing pants in a couple, for instance.

The theme of one of his rants was that you shouldn't let people 'steal your joy'. If memory serves, it was partly directed at people who criticize the shortcomings of kits (ironic, given his job) and partly directed at the increasing criticism he faced. Basically, 'there are lots of awful people in the hobby, but I won't let them steal my joy and you shouldn't let them steal your joy either.' It would probably better phrased as 'haters gonna hate', but the phrase, his video and the myriad other events surrounding it just made the whole thing feel completely unhinged.

Kinda what I meant. I downloaded the Meteor farewell video when it was still available and had to watch it again to refresh my memory. Had to wash my hands after that...

Ken

I find the Dave Klaus haters to be almost as entertaining as the big guy himself.

I personally could care less. How many years ago did all this silliness happen?

Bottom line for me was that Cutting Edge had some of the nicest decals and resin out there. Not only that but they picked interesting subjects (at least in my opinion). They are missed.

I find the Dave Klaus haters to be almost as entertaining as the big guy himself.

Bottom line for me was that Cutting Edge had some of the nicest decals and resin out there. Not only that but they picked interesting subjects (at least in my opinion). They are missed.

I have no cool Dave K. Story. I arrived too late. :crying2:

I downloaded the Meteor farewell video when it was still available and had to watch it again to refresh my memory. Had to wash my hands after that...

And it hasn't been posted to YouTube because why?

I don't hate David. Everything I offered was done for free. However, he took advantage of people and small companies (like the decal printer I mentioned). In the case of my friend's company (whom I tried to help by introducing him), he closed shop. Why did he need my friend to print decals? Why wouldn't Cartograf or MicroScale accept his business? As for the product subjects, they weren't all his ideas and you already know that he wasn't the decal artist or scratch-builder (S.B.) both of which had their relationships end up badly.

I forgive but don't forget. These reminders are important since Dave may start a new company with people not knowing what went on in the past. I'm not owed anything, but I know a few who are.

Regards,

If you'd lost as much money to him as some of us have, it wouldn't be so entertaining. I don't really care whether you like him or don't like him (or me, for that matter). The fact is, the man is a crook and a liar who screwed a lot of people out of a LOT of money (I'm well into the five figures, not counting all the money I wasted on lawyers). I don't hate Klaus. I don't hate anyone. I dislike him intensely, and I hope he wallows in his misery for many years to come. Does it matter if it was last year or 20 years ago? Is there a statute of limitations on dishonesty?

If you'd lost as much money to him as some of us have, it wouldn't be so entertaining. I don't really care whether you like him or don't like him (or me, for that matter). The fact is, the man is a crook and a liar who screwed a lot of people out of a LOT of money (I'm well into the five figures, not counting all the money I wasted on lawyers). I don't hate Klaus. I don't hate anyone. I dislike him intensely, and I hope he wallows in his misery for many years to come. Does it matter if it was last year or 20 years ago? Is there a statute of limitations on dishonesty?

Sounds horrible. No luck with litigation?

In America ..... regardless of the merit of the case, the lawyers always win.

Fixed... :rolleyes:/>/>

Well, it was the lawyers who wrote the laws, so this shouldn't be a surprise.....

• 2 years later...

My guess is it's Dave!!

Heard he's headlining the "Personal Redemption 2019 Tour".   This tour is a PR mechanism to bring social outcasts back into good standing.   

This year's tour, in addition to Dave headlining it, also includes Jussie Smollet, with a stirring talk "Everyone makes mistakes, don't beat yourself up!" and a special guest speaker - Bob "two-tugs" Kraft.    Get your tickets quick, this one is selling out fast.

Edited by 11bee
On 2/27/2019 at 9:03 AM, 11bee said:

My guess is it's Dave!!

Heard he's headlining the "Personal Redemption 2019 Tour".   This tour is a PR mechanism to bring social outcasts back into good standing.   

This year's tour, in addition to Dave headlining it, also includes Jussie Smollet, with a stirring talk "Everyone makes mistakes, don't beat yourself up!" and a special guest speaker - Bob "two-tugs" Kraft.    Get your tickets quick, this one is selling out fast.

I thought it would be a "Stolen Joy Prevention" Symposium, or maybe "How to Recover Said Joy Once Stolen"?