Kinetic's new Hornet

Has it been announced what will be provided as external stores? Not just bombs and missiles, but what about different bomb racks, sensors, etc.. Also how is the kit progressing towards release?

Thanks in advance!!

Has it been announced what will be provided as external stores? Not just bombs and missiles, but what about different bomb racks, sensors, etc.. Also how is the kit progressing towards release?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi everyone,

The major F/A-18 parts has been passed test shot case. 2 more parts need to be adjusted to have an easier intake trucking installation.

Besides, we have fully enhanced the MLG and NLG bay detail as well as the fitting on the nose section.

The weapon option for F/A-18:

AIM-120B/C

AIM-9x, AIM-9M

GBU-12

CBU-20

AGM-88

AAQ-13/14

AAQ-28 with pylon

VER

DUAL CHAFF DISPENCER

FUEL TANK

PE:

Seat Belt, NLG detail, canopy mirror, Chaff dispencer, reinforcement plate on vertical tail

The F/A-18 should be ready by mid April.

A new format and style on manual and instruction.

Come to you soon!

Why a VER? Every Hornet kit out there includes the VER, but NO ONE has the CVER, which is what is in use now and would also be the basis for a BRU-55.

Bingo. The BRU-55 would be a must have for this kit, and the CF-18 version that will be released later.

Why a VER? Every Hornet kit out there includes the VER, but NO ONE has the CVER, which is what is in use now and would also be the basis for a BRU-55.

Good question. I asked Raymond about it privately some time ago. His answer did not convince me, but hey, it's his business and his decision :)

But I leave it to Raymond to answer it here :)

I had an opportunity to look over what I believe was the first test shot during the Atlanta IPMS show this past weekend. I have been told that more changes have been made, so this is only based on what I have seen.

While it does have some nice details, it does not make the Hasegawa kit obsolete. There are a lot of improvements (mainly ease of construction) over the Hasegawa kit, but there are also a few issues that keep the Hasegawa kit in the running. One item that immediately jumped out at me were the SUU-63 wing pylons. They are too thin and just don't look right. Keep in mind that I worked on those pylons for about 10 years, so they were noticeable to me. Obviously, I'll wait to see the final kit before making more detailed comments.

For what it's worth, Attack Squadron out of Poland makes a very nice BRU-33/55 CVER. A possibly missed opportunity by Kinetic is their gain.

Dave

One item that immediately jumped out at me were the SUU-63 wing pylons. They are too thin and just don't look right. Keep in mind that I worked on those pylons for about 10 years, so they were noticeable to me.

I reported the problem with pylons (and several others) to Raymond after I received the test shots a couple of months ago and I understand that they are being corrected.

One item that immediately jumped out at me were the SUU-63 wing pylons. They are too thin and just don't look right. Keep in mind that I worked on those pylons for about 10 years, so they were noticeable to me. Obviously, I'll wait to see the final kit before making more detailed comments.

Dave

Hi, Dave.

When I read that, I immediately thought of the Wolfpack upgrade sets for Hornets that I have. These include resin pylons.

I always wondered what the benefit of those over the Hasegawa kit parts was. Now they are at least an option to replace the Kinetic wing pylons (if these stay as thin as in that test shot).

Do you find the Wolfpack pylons better than the Hasegawa parts?

Cheers,

Stefan.

Hi, Dave.

When I read that, I immediately thought of the Wolfpack upgrade sets for Hornets that I have. These include resin pylons.

I always wondered what the benefit of those over the Hasegawa kit parts was. Now they are at least an option to replace the Kinetic wing pylons (if these stay as thin as in that test shot).

Do you find the Wolfpack pylons better than the Hasegawa parts?

Cheers,

Stefan.

Stefan,

Honestly, it's been so long that I've had a set of the Wolfpack pylons, I couldn't give an accurate answer.

Stefan,

Honestly, it's been so long that I've had a set of the Wolfpack pylons, I couldn't give an accurate answer.

Hi, Dave.

Thanks for the reply anyway. Somehow, I assumed that you'd have one of the biggest Hornet stuff stashes in the world. ;)/>

I had a look myself, with the aid of Jake's Modern Hornet Guide.

I ended up appreciating the Wolfpack pylons a lot more than previously.

25933229532_cb0b6b2f4a_c.jpgHornet Pylons by StefanBuysse, on Flickr

One probably can't blame Hasegawa for not having the small aerodynamic covers for the sway braces on SUU-63 A/A and SUU-63 C/A. I'm fairly sure the kit was designed before these came into use.

Cheers, Stefan.

Edited by Stefan buysse

I can't speak definitively for the legacy hornet community, but when we received our new Super Hornets, the first thing we did to the wing pylons was pull those aerodynamic covers off. They posed a TFOA hazard if they got loose, so we eliminated the hazard by keeping them off permanently.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was trying to take advantage of Luckymodel promotion, with one kit shipping is $15 to the US. with two kit, shipping went up to $54 and with three kits, shipping is at $66 :(

I thought the price of gas is dropping?