sorry, my brain's been working overtime.... have.to.type.more. have.to.type.more.

But seriously there's a point in there about criticizing political leadership in war... yes we've seen the bad, but we've also seen the bad from military leadership and that's what I meant to emphasize...

Edited by Exhausted

There are basically 2 wars in the American psyche. WW2 and vietnam. If it doesn't fit it into either framework we are dumbfounded.

I can see that.

I can see that.

We have never done insurgency outside of nam, and if the US hasn't done it no one has.

The end. You can't just study and learn from the past like that, especially from others --That would be history, and you can't learn from that.

We have never done insurgency outside of nam, and if the US hasn't done it no one has.

The end. You can't just study and learn from the past like that, especially from others --That would be history, and you can't learn from that.

Not exactly true

Malayan Insurgency 1956. British and Australian troops put down the communist insurgency during that conflict.

Not exactly true

Malayan Insurgency 1956. British and Australian troops put down the communist insurgency during that conflict.

I'm just guessing here but I think TT's post might have been just a bit tongue in cheek.

You can never be sure with that guy though...

I'm just guessing here but I think TT's post might have been just a bit tongue in cheek.

Yes

It turns out that rebellions and insurgencies go back thousands of years and they are not always successful. I just discovered this on the internet thingy.

I agree with most of your post. But what your missing is the fact that it's more then a civil war. These fellers want to take over a large part of the world. And do not so nice things to other people's.

Again Swag, you are being evasive. Who are those "fellers"? Are you referring to all Muslims? Just a particular sect (do you know that there are different sects)? A certain Islamic country? Just ISIS? Maybe the family that runs the Lebanese restaurant in my town?

Who exactly do we need to fear?

Fear itself.

Darius

Seems like the most powerful nation on the planet is in fear. Our politicians tell us to be afraid, so does the press. Scary stuff going on these days...

I'm going to fight back against terror. Leaving my bunker and taking my daughter to an Easter festival. Hope I don't run into any of those fellers that want to kill me. :pray:/>

Seems like the most powerful nation on the planet is in fear. Our politicians tell us to be afraid, so does the press. Scary stuff going on these days...

I'm going to fight back against terror. Leaving my bunker and taking my daughter to an Easter festival. Hope I don't run into any of those fellers that want to kill me. :pray:/>/>

Hoping no one goes full "all lube snack bar" on you and tries to "of piece" you guys bro!

Are you serious? Have you read up on WW2 and the Korean War? Pretty sure that Korea was the first US war in which the supreme military commander was fired by his civilian boss. That seems pretty extreme to me. Political involvement made a huge impact on how that conflict was played out. WW2 was just as bad (Yalta comes to mind as one example).

Political interference goes hand in hand with the military's prosecution of a war. To be honest, I'm pretty good with that concept. I have no interest in giving the military a blank check to purchase a fighter jet let alone conduct a war.

I'm not saying there wasn't in the past, but Vietnam the military really had their hands tied,

Yes, Korea was bad too. But in my opinion WWII was likely the last war fought by the Generals. Politics are always involved, given the fact that it is politicians who start wars, not soldiers.

I'm not saying there wasn't in the past, but Vietnam the military really had their hands tied,

Yes, Korea was bad too. But in my opinion WWII was likely the last war fought by the Generals. Politics are always involved, given the fact that it is politicians who start wars, not soldiers.

Roosevelt low opinion of Churchill had a major influence on how long it took for USA to engage in WWII to support Great-Britain.... if this is not utterly (low) politics, i don't know what it is...

so no, WWII was mostly political.

from the very beginning (poland invasion) to the very end (nuking hiroshima/nagasaki)

Again Swag, you are being evasive. Who are those "fellers"? Are you referring to all Muslims? Just a particular sect (do you know that there are different sects)? A certain Islamic country? Just ISIS? Maybe the family that runs the Lebanese restaurant in my town?

Who exactly do we need to fear?

We should fear our political correctness. It's destroying the U.S. A and now Eroupe is turning into the West Bank and Gaza before the wall. Talking about biting the hand that feeds you! Eroupe has always been pretty pro Arab.

The things that need to be done are the things you don't blab to the media about. The civilized world, especially the good Muslims that just want to live in peace and prosper need to stand up and stop this global Jihad by all ways and means.

But as long as we are PC , we are doomed! So let's not do anything more than fly flags at half mast, say "bad terrorists", chant "we want peace", and any other limp wristed leftist PC slogan U want to add. I'm sure 11bee has some good ones.

This is a war of civilizations. I'm not saying all Muslims are bad. I really feel bad for the good Muslims that have to deal with the shame of radical Islam . Just imagine how American Germans and Japanese must of felt about their home countries.

But that didn't stop us from doing ALL to destroy our enemy. Look at Germany and Japan, why do they even have a military? Search and rescue I suppose.

Edited by 305swag

I'm going to fight back against terror. Leaving my bunker and taking my daughter to an Easter festival. Hope I don't run into any of those fellers that want to kill me. :pray:/>/>

Maybe you should take your next vacation to Europe or the Mid East. Nothing to worry about slick.

I am sure you have no idea what we are doing, but the vast majority don't since it really isn't in the news. Inherent Resolve has to be the least reported on war in our history, followed closely by Afghanistan.

Edited by nspreitler

this thread should be lock down now

it has done all the good it could, and now is about being more ugly than anything else.

305swag, you should avoid spill your inner landfill on here...