Annetra (designed and tooled by AMK) 1/48 Mi-8MT CAD images

This is fantastic news for us 1/48 helicopter modellers :yahoo::banana: :banana: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I had a 1/50 multi coloured piece of crap Mi-8 made in Russia (I think) that is long gone, thank god. I think I melted it down, it was so bad.

I was even contemplating buying the Trumpeter 1/32nd kit just to have one in a bigger scale. I know the Zevda 1/72nd one is nice but no interest in that small scale.

I can hardly wait. Wow going to be an expensive year :(

• 2 years later...

AMK said they are running these molds after the F-14 kit so I wonder how many pages long this thread will be by the time we see it? 😎

• 3 months later...

Have no idea at all. Lets hope that the F-14 is not something to go by. This Mi-17 has been in works for a very long time so lets hope it comes out soon.

The first test shoots are done and on a Czech site there are more photos including the strap on side fuel tanks. They look good.

Best regards

Gabor  

Clearly the Mil 8/17 is not as popular as a certain other kit AMK is working on as I noticed Jennings started both threads before he was long ago banned..........

I believe it will be a different story from the AMK F-14. Work is progressing really well, so I for one look forward to see the kit! Based on photos there is some nice details included in the kit. Lets keep fingers crossed!

Best regards

Gabor

22 hours ago, RCAFFAN said:

Clearly the Mil 8/17 is not as popular as a certain other kit AMK is working on as I noticed Jennings started both threads before he was long ago banned..........

Remember this is not an AMK kit. It will be from the Czech Anettra company, AMK is only doing the tooling of the press forms.

Some new photos of the first test shoots. The weld lines on strap-on side fuel tanks are made as they should be with raised lines. This is the small fuel tank with 3 braces.

Obviously the real plastic in hands will be interesting and real test of the product but based on these photos it looks like there is a chance for optimism.

X0Sh8fh.jpg

MbWuUSG.jpg

O2AQcsF.jpg

8KX9GGg.jpg

SRcCXhp.jpg

I know what I will be building from it!   B)

Best regards

Gabor

• 3 weeks later...