You certainly have more patience that I do for all that PE 'hammm. My eyesight is bad enough already. I think I'd be completely cross-eyed by the time I finished that what you're doing. You're making some very nice progress. The arrow on the big piece in the engine bay pointing towards the front of the kit is a nice touch. I guess that's for folks who don't know which end is up?!

Keep it up and I look forward to more progress.

Mike

I think they do the arrow because the sides of that piece are beveled so you could have fit issues of you put it in wrong. If you get the Brassin engine you probably don't use those pieces.

You get used to small pe doing racing cars. Some of the pe sheets I've seen and used are bigger than decal sheets.

Big beautiful wings.

ACC742D1-FE8C-41B6-B3C9-01AD22A19748_zpsbdfyw6dv.jpg

64607194-6D1A-46E7-AA19-E9128D789DED_zpsfpieowcz.jpg

And the rest of everything else.

DE4F3296-D0F1-4348-8DAC-37D991D2D26A_zpsc7xc5gtw.jpg

4D7FC247-19DF-4961-B159-0295E30DE67E_zpsr2zphc0q.jpg

Clean up the wings once glue is good and dry and I'll fit them to the fuselage. It's basically a snap tight fit as it is.

Getting closer to paint.

K

Radiator things done. Used the pe pieces turned out real nice. They are so tight I haven't even glued them to the wing. So I'll probably remove them for paint and hen press them on afterwards so not to screw anything new up.

I didn't use the pe pieced for the radiator faces since I didn't feel they really added anything over the kit parts.

F1DB3B52-EFC9-4DD9-B57E-399EA39C4461_zpsjkybd1cm.jpg

8653AA58-4E2F-4CA5-BE93-EA07FE73D2FB_zpszqyclv4s.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Got everything ready and masked for paint. Sprayed some primer on the seams and have a few issues to fix so I added a tiny amount of putty. Hopefully painted by next weekend. Although I don't think I have any white may have to grab some somewhere.

Good to see you Tom.

It's nearing paint. A couple minor minor spots I want to tackle still.

07582B4F-626B-48DE-AA19-03BD2B941D57_zpsqlwpinvi.jpg

Hopefully have the bottom color on tomorrow.

Might just spray the entire thing in that shade as a full primer as well.

K

Is the top engine cowling acceptable? Tried as I might mines still shows the seam line if you look JUST right. Grr.

Just saw this sorry. Yeah I got it to be nice and seam free. Granted that wasn't without a lot of aggravating work. Had to poke a few rivets back in as well.

Anyways I did this today.

0934FF9F-10AF-47D8-A93E-371DFEC0294F_zps1fpcikyc.jpg

Never again. I'll stick to masking or painting freehand. What a pita.

Green has been applied. Will remove everything then in a few days mask off for the small white sections. Then all I'll have left is the red.

K

What was the PITA part? I think the whole blue-tac worm camo thing is kind of fun.

If the painful part was the tape/putty interaction, that I can see. I get around that by ONLY using putty and doing it section by section like this:

IMG_20160405_220048393_HDR.jpg

Looks great by the way.

What was the PITA part? I think the whole blue-tac worm camo thing is kind of fun.

If the painful part was the tape/putty interaction, that I can see. I get around that by ONLY using putty and doing it section by section like this:

IMG_20160405_220048393_HDR.jpg

Looks great by the way.

This was the first time I've used the putty masking method. Didn't enjoy basically any aspect of it. Rolling it out took forever. Getting it on took forever. But the result turned out good so I'll take it. Does this stuff dry out or will it stay tacky for a while? Do I need to store it in a Tupperware container or something?

Next up is the white leading edges and band around the fuselage by the tail.