Sh-3D Sea king and F-16C Fighting Falcon

Hey guys, just wanted to post some pics of my newly completed models from the begining of 2016. First is the Hasegawa 1/48TH scale SH-3H Seaking Model kit converted to a D model. I took First place for it at the 2016 Jaxcon Model show and was very proud of the accomplishment. I used Model Masters Engin Grey paint and did some weather and panel line washes with arylic water based paint. Next is the Tamiya 1/48th scale F-16C Model kit done in the Florida Makos Livery from Homestead Air Force Base using Two Bobs Decals. I used Valejo Model air acrylic paint's for the first time on this model and have fallen in love with them. I also used some acrylic water based washes for the panel line accent's. Enjoy.

Chris.

DSC03348_zpsc6vwm1lj.jpg

DSC03350_zpsgu7l01eu.jpg

DSC03351_zpsyrnqzalw.jpg

DSC03354_zpsvtwlexvq.jpg

DSC03353_zpslmzoxssd.jpg

DSC03355_zps7kf5553p.jpg

DSC03361_zps6bltcrrt.jpg

Edited by Tomcatlover11

Chris...Did you find an actual picture of 152696 in this scheme as I thought at this time it would have a short horizontal tail without the brace. I found a shot of 152694 on line in the same basic scheme as yours and it certainly has a short unbraced tail at that time. I found of a shot of your helicopter (152696) in 1985 in the white over gray scheme where it clearly has the longer braced horizontal tail but have seen "Ds" with both and haven't found out when the change was made. Did you research this point?

This is not meant as any sort of criticism of your build as your model is beautiful but I am curious as D's seem to have both tails in pictures and it seems to be an update thing but I don't know when it was done and was wondering if you (or anyone else here) had more info on the point. Again I stress very nice model regardless.

Cheers

Bruce

Thanks rcaffan for the advice and critiques, I am an average model builder so I do not strive for perfection on my builds to much but feel it looks as best as I can create it to be and that's fine with me. I did do some research and used photos that helped me come to these two builds. Thanks for looking anyway.

Chris

Edited by Tomcatlover11

Chris... The only picture of your Sea King I found had the tail as you built it so I certainly wasn't saying yours was wrong, just that I have noticed both types of tails on "Ds"and the tail could have changed but I can't say for sure and just wondered if you had more info on the point. That's all and was not meant as any sort of knock against your build and if you took it that way I'm sorry. I'm just looking for more info on the point and your build brought the issue to mind and I was wondering if you (or anyone else here) had looked into the area. If not no sweat and while I haven't seen the competition, your build certainly looks worthy of the first place it got. I build 1/72 and some kits (Fujimi/Cyberhobby) provide both tails but if the Hasegawa H only gives the one, then you would not even know of the question. I know they did one RAF issue which would have had the short tail different wheel pod fairings and a six bladed tail rotor but suspect that was a special sprue for that kit as I'm not familiar with the 1/48 kit.

Cheers

Bruce

Edited by RCAFFAN

Hey guys, just wanted to post some pics of my newly completed models from the begining of 2016. First is the Hasegawa 1/48TH scale SH-3H Seaking Model kit converted to a D model. I took First place for it at the 2016 Jaxcon Model show and was very proud of the accomplishment. I used Model Masters Engin Grey paint and did some weather and panel line washes with arylic water based paint. Next is the Tamiya 1/48th scale F-16C Model kit done in the Florida Makos Livery from Homestead Air Force Base using Two Bobs Decals. I used Valejo Model air acrylic paint's for the first time on this model and have fallen in love with them. I also used some acrylic water based washes for the panel line accent's. Enjoy.

Chris.

Absolutely Gorgeous! Thanks for posting!

Edited by pminer