After some time passed without "glue and plastic" I show you what I'm working on now, an A-4E Hasegawa 1/48 with additions of resins Aires, QuickBoost, Stell Beach and a bit of scratchbuild.

The subject that I want to represent is this:

A-4E

Below I show you the important parts of the work ......

A-4E%20Foto%204_zpsa3qd19v8.jpg

A-4E%20Foto%205_zpslazv4keq.jpg

A-4E%20Foto%206_zpsz4nymg8m.jpg

A-4E%20Foto%203_zps3ktdvz0g.jpg

A-4E%20Foto%207_zpsv7vatymc.jpg

A-4E%20Foto%208_zps28r2hjvc.jpg

A-4E%20Foto%2012_zpszhtkb1fn.jpg

A-4E%20Foto%2011_zpsgxrakn0b.jpg

A-4E%20Foto%209_zpslq9k1yfp.jpg

A-4E%20Foto%2013_zpszb0jvygn.jpg

Wow, thanks for posting this build log. Some great tips there that I think I will be able to use on my A-4. I will for sure be following this. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I also love your photography. Very well lit and SHARPLY focused. That has always been a pet peeve of mine. Would you be able to provide some info on your camera/lighting set up?

Thanks again.

Edited by skyhawk174

Wow, thanks for posting this build log. Some great tips there that I think I will be able to use on my A-4. I will for sure be following this. :thumbsup:/>/> :thumbsup:/>/>

I also love your photography. Very well lit and SHARPLY focused. That has always been a pet peeve of mine. Would you be able to provide some info on your camera/lighting set up?

Thanks again.

Hello, I have a Canon EOS 1000D, I photograph a white sheet with the camera in the related section of three lighting modes with a cold light bulb (300 watts) and then use this picture as a "custom white"; ISO 100 and forced the camera on "Aperture Priority" and based on the photos, I rule the depth of field for a focus of the whole subject.

settings_zps8bhjgezm.jpg

My English is not good, maybe the photo of the setting of my reflex can help you.

Hello, I have a Canon EOS 1000D, I photograph a white sheet with the camera in the related section of three lighting modes with a cold light bulb (300 watts) and then use this picture as a "custom white"; ISO 100 and forced the camera on "Aperture Priority" and based on the photos, I rule the depth of field for a focus of the whole subject.

Spad your English is fine and I can understand. Thanks for the explanation and it sounds like you are using custom white balance and I do that too. I use a white card but pretty much the same thing. I also shoot aperture priority so my depth of field is good. Are those 330 watt bulbs special photo bulbs? I have blue 300 watt as well as 500 watt bulbs.

Thanks again for the compliments! :)/>

Spad your English is fine and I can understand. Thanks for the explanation and it sounds like you are using custom white balance and I do that too. I use a white card but pretty much the same thing. I also shoot aperture priority so my depth of field is good. Are those 330 watt bulbs special photo bulbs? I have blue 300 watt as well as 500 watt bulbs.

I realize that I have not expressed well, the total watts are about 300, is a neon positioned high and two low-energy light bulbs arranged 45 ° left and right of the subject that I photograph; I repeat, the watts are about 300, I do not remember exactly but I think to photograph our models whether they are righteous because adding more watts I believe you risk losing all the shadows and probably the photo would be overexposed. I am not a professional photographer, I just read a few photo guide, nothing more. I hope I was clear :)/>

Edited by Spad

Great detail you're putting in there. So many open panels to view the interior workings. Excellent work.

Dont forget to add live ordnance with all those open maintenance panels :rofl:

-Jeff

Thank you for the info again Spad, much appreciated.

Also, I meant to ask about those slide plates on the vertical tail. Did you make those yourself or purchased from someone selling them?

Hi Chris,

Here's the answer to your question: :thumbsup:

A-4 Skyhawk Stab Pivot Mechanism

I made a mistake, I have not thinned enough this resin, I was convinced that it was enough and instead a glued once I realized that I had to thin out more pieces. Now I'll have to thin them from the top, an operation a bit complicated but not too complex, I hope to update it as soon trick that topic with new pictures. :)

Hi Chris,

Here's the answer to your question: :thumbsup:/>

A-4 Skyhawk Stab Pivot Mechanism

I made a mistake, I have not thinned enough this resin, I was convinced that it was enough and instead a glued once I realized that I had to thin out more pieces. Now I'll have to thin them from the top, an operation a bit complicated but not too complex, I hope to update it as soon trick that topic with new pictures. :)/>

Great thanks for the link. Somehow I missed that from Steel Beach. Actually I probably did not see it because I did not want to as he has lots of stuff I want and I would want everything :(

I am going to try an order at Sprue Brothers and I will add at least one set of these. Sprue Brothers has a new shipping method that may make it cheaper for me as I live in Canada. That is the only store I can buy Steel Beach stuff from.

After seeing your Skyhawk I should get working on at least one of the 10 that I have :)

Great thanks for the link. Somehow I missed that from Steel Beach. Actually I probably did not see it because I did not want to as he has lots of stuff I want and I would want everything :(/>

I am going to try an order at Sprue Brothers and I will add at least one set of these. Sprue Brothers has a new shipping method that may make it cheaper for me as I live in Canada. That is the only store I can buy Steel Beach stuff from.

After seeing your Skyhawk I should get working on at least one of the 10 that I have :)/>

In fact I bought them on ebay, but if they had not found them I would purchase via Spure Brothers :rolleyes:

Great detail you're putting in there. So many open panels to view the interior workings. Excellent work.

Dont forget to add live ordnance with all those open maintenance panels :rofl:/>/>

-Jeff

I will not forget to add this detail :rofl:/>/> :rofl:/>/>

Spad, I think what STORM meant was that if all those "maintenance panels" were opened, there probably would NOT be any munitions loaded on the jet, depending on what type of maintenance was being performed. IF I understood him correctly ?

Steve

Yes, I was being funny. With so much maintenance going on, munitions would not be loaded. But modellers always seem to miss that and have it loaded anyway.

Looking forward to your progress.

-Jeff

Spad, I think what STORM meant was that if all those "maintenance panels" were opened, there probably would NOT be any munitions loaded on the jet, depending on what type of maintenance was being performed. IF I understood him correctly ?

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I had realized that Jeff was joking, I have tried to respond to it in the same way but I can not be ironic with my poor english! :blush:

I'm not a very good model maker but my every model has never been a false, I have always used as a reference picture for real loads and environments! :)

Thanks for your support! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hello fellow modelers, after some time spent to fulfill other obligations, I'm going back to update this topic with the latest updates on the model; the model after full assembly and a primer coat, it has received a preshading and the subsequent masking to derive the shape of the Mig. I hope that these photos may be to your liking.

Any criticism or comments are always welcome! :)/>

A-4E%20Foto%2033_zps04ncr6m2.jpg

A-4E%20Foto%2035_zpsc8pswlfv.jpg

A-4E%20Foto%2037_zpsh5riqa1g.jpg

A-4E%20Foto%2038_zpszaocn9rs.jpg

A-4E%20Foto%2039_zps36bplalz.jpg

A-4E%20Foto%2040_zpsvhvqemcl.jpg

A-4E%20Foto%2041_zps1chyuo86.jpg

A-4E%20Foto%2042_zpsvmkrgl63.jpg