T-33 intake color + underwing ECM pods?

If you ever do these in 1/48 scale I would be very interested!

I currently have two of the old vintage Hawk T-33A kits unbuilt, with a custom decal sheet including ADWC markings.

I also remember (ancient 40+ year old memories bubbling up) that occasionally we were tasked with installing a small cylindrical "radar pod" in the belly mount where the travel pod went.  This little pod was said to make the T-bird resemble a big bomber on the interceptor's radar screen, for training.  Haven't found an online pic of this pod though.  It wasn't electronic, but used some kind of passive reflector system.

21 minutes ago, LRevell said:

I currently have two of the old vintage Hawk T-33A kits unbuilt, with a custom decal sheet including ADWC markings.

I also remember (ancient 40+ year old memories bubbling up) that occasionally we were tasked with installing a small cylindrical "radar pod" in the belly mount where the travel pod went.  This little pod was said to make the T-bird resemble a big bomber on the interceptor's radar screen, for training.  Haven't found an online pic of this pod though.  It wasn't electronic, but used some kind of passive reflector system.

No plans for 1/48 (yet). I have one of those old kits as well. It is super simple, but looks more accurate than anything else on the market. If you eve find a pic of the pod yo9u are talking about, let me know.

20 hours ago, LRevell said:

+1 on this in 1/48.   I'd be in for a couple sets.  Been trying to figure out how to do the travel pod as well.

19 minutes ago, Drifterdon said:

+1 on this in 1/48.   I'd be in for a couple sets.  Been trying to figure out how to do the travel pod as well.

I scaled down my measurements to 1/48. Maybe when I get time, but for now, I am up to my armpits in alligators.