These little models are great fun to build!

Dragon's X-29 has been a joy so far, with only tiny gaps on some areas of the fuselage, which were easily filled with Mr Surfacer.

The seat was installed after painting and adding a safety harness. The canopy was masked prior to it being glued in place.

x29_03_zpsyhjpq1qh.jpg

Before starting to paint it a stand was fashioned out of a crocodile clip, a wooden stick and some packing material, allowing us to handle the model without the risk of touching freshly applied paint.

x29_04_zpstuvodwlm.jpg

Mr Color Character white was firstly applied, followed by Gloss white on the center part of all panels. The resulting effect is very subtle.

x29_05_zpsphb1cf9x.jpg

x29_06_zpsydlrn6sm.jpg

Because gloss colours were used, decals could be applied without the need for smoothing the surface with a gloss coat. The decals strips were not perfect in its dimension, so acrylics were mixed to match the decal colour and brush painted where needed.

x29_07_zps8cdrpqmg.jpg

After protecting everything with 2 thin clots of gloss clear, the gear bays were weathered using Ammo Panel Line Wash (PLW) Deep Grey

x29_08_zps869dvawa.jpg

I hope to post more soon as it's getting closer to completion.

Cheers

Marco Preto

http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com

Here are a few photos of the final stages of this little build.

All panel lines were picked up using PLW light grey.

x29_09_zpsvkygvlhu.jpg

Next time I'm marking panel lines over white, I'll try using a very sharp pencil or a even lighter colour.

The nose sensors were somewhat detailed using brass tube and copper wire.

x29_10_zpsa0whv2t0.jpg

After some coats of satin varnish, removing the masks and painting the last details, the model is completed.

x29_16_zpsfeyrn6z5.jpg

x29_17_zps9lghmlsg.jpg

x29_18_zpsbia1svjd.jpg

I hope you like it.

Cheers

Marco Preto

http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com