Wiring LEDs for lights

Hi Folks,

Been a while since I posted here but thought I would share with you some recent adventures in electronics.

I was once an avid model builder but haven't had the time of late (3 year olds...whatcha gonna do?)....but I did modify my kids Duplo Dusty Crophopper with some lights recently.

Using a single Arduino Tiny45 chip and a custom made PCB (which I am happy to provide the plans for) I was able to make a compact circuit that could run off a watch battery (eg. CR 2032) and that provides nice running lights and nav lights effect.

See following videos.

Reach out on YouTube if you have questions.

Dusty in Action

Circuit board in action.

Hey this is great !

I want to use this for a 1/32 scale (F-15C) aircraft.

Can you send me the plan or, what I need to buy to get this thing to work?

These days one can get nano-LEDs ..what pico LEDs!

Edited by cag_200

Hey this is great !

I want to use this for a 1/32 scale (F-15C) aircraft.

Can you send me the plan or, what I need to buy to get this thing to work?

These days one can get nano-LEDs ..what pico LEDs!

Hi CAG,

Sure, I can send you along some stuff. But whilst it is not overly complicated it does require some work. Your main issue will be how to program the chip if you don't have an Arduino already.

But...the parts list is basically.

3x LEDs of your choosing.

3x 220Ohm resistors

1x ATTiny45 or ATTiny85 chip (they cost around 2 dollars).

A battery....coin cell or something like I use in the video.

1 printed circuit board. I can post the plans and you can either have it manufactured or make it yourself.

Alternatively, I could send you one for a modest price...the real killer is postage. I just moved back to Australia from Switzerland (which would have been good for postage to NL) but now it might be too much.

I will post the PCB plans tonight and the code for the Arduino chip. Let me know if you want me to assemble one and send it to you and what you would reasonably expect to pay and I'll see if that works with postage and stuff.

I'll say one thing...this is perfect for a 1/32 scale. 1/48 might work too but for 1/72 it would have to built into some kind of base for the model.