A-6E Monogram 1/48

Hi everybody, this is a Monogram A-6E with a Wolfpack cockpit, Brassin Mk-20s, Fightertown decals and many photoetched parts coming from various sets (Mainly Eduard and Verlinden)...

The fire truck is from the Verlinden range...

IMG_3283_zpsbk7rld6i.jpg

IMG_3259_zpsuavgzqyc.jpg

IMG_3241_zpsuxrlr9v8.jpg

IMG_3243_zpsuabtm2ah.jpg

IMG_3253_zpsmco1r37w.jpg

IMG_3254_zps05doh2oh.jpg

IMG_3249_zps5ndey5lr.jpg

IMG_3250_zpshdtfke7k.jpg

IMG_3257_zpsvobq153f.jpg

IMG_3261_zpsncdldpkc.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by Lorebor

That is great paintjob, and nice scribing too - not an easy work there.

Can you explain how did you chip that red paint on the vehicle? It looks amazing!

Edited by skuki

Can you explain how did you chip that red paint on the vehicle? It looks amazing!

The red paint on the vehicle was chipped with the hairspray technique: after painting white the whole vehicle, I masked the stripes with Tamiya tape and sprayed some hairspray where the red paint would go. I then I airbrushed the red paint, took away the mask and after a few minutes I started to scratch away the red paint, using a stiff brush dipped in warm water...

Cheers!

Wow VERY nice :thumbsup: ! I love the weathering and tasteful display. What tool did you use to rescribe the panel lines? They look awesome.

:cheers:

Don.

Really cool job man. I especially like how you highlighted around caps and small panels, kinda gives it a look of more depth than just straight flat across.

What did you think of the Wolfpack cockpit?

Edited by Whiskey

Wow VERY nice 70.gif ! I love the weathering and tasteful display. What tool did you use to rescribe the panel lines? They look awesome.

Don.

Panel lines were rescribed using this old blade, drawn backward as shown by the arrow:

20160331_171715_zpsegfplbj5.jpg

When I have to rescribe small circular or elliptical panels I change the triangular blade with a needle.

What did you think of the Wolfpack cockpit?

Even though on the Wolfpack set you can read "For Revell/Kinetic 1/48", the cockpit doesn't fit too well to the Revell kit; I had to do a lot of adjustment, especially around the rear part of the cockpit. As you can see in the following picture, most of the detail I lost was regained with photoetched parts coming from an Eduard fret. Since the cockpit is fairly wide, I've been able to build the entire model before painting it...

Verlinden cockpit fits a bit better the Revell kit, but the Wolfpack detail is much better...

IMG_3147_zpsebanxtzu.jpg

Edited by Lorebor

Wow, awesome work. Really like the weathering and scribing......you definitely took your time and it shows. Out of curiosity, did you use the kit windscreen? It's one of the worst fitting parts on these kits. The fit seems really good in the pic you posted. Anyway.....GREAT JOB!

E.

Out of curiosity, did you use the kit windscreen? It's one of the worst fitting parts on these kits. The fit seems really good in the pic you posted.

Yes, I used the kit windscreen and it fit quite well to the fuselage; I just had to insert a piece of plasticard where the air refuelling probe was supposed to touch the windscreen because, as you can see in the picture, it left a hole...

Cheers!