Modelmaster/Testors Paints not available in europe

I have heard that for some economical reasons Testors/Modelmaster does not export paints to europe since 2016.

I hope we are able to import/order the paints private from the United States. Maybe there is trouble with the paint content importing

to the European Union. I don't know whats going on? I have worked only with Modelmaster Enamels so am trained with them. I want my Modelmaster Paints. Can somebody explain to me what the heck is going on?

Money is the root of all evil. Evil people doing evil things to modelers for the sake of profit.

Splitting hairs maybe, and your comment is probably tongue in cheek; but for the sake of being correct, the love of money is the root of all evil. Just was on my heart.

Doesn't Italeri offer many of those colors in Europe already? I know most of the current Italeri kits list Model Master colors for their subjects, but with a different set of part numbers from the U.S. specs.

. There are currently no distributors which are importing these paints since 2016 to Germany/Europe. Edited by nonrivetcounter

They dropped a bunch of colors also because of cost also.

It's all about counting those beans!

Blame RPM!

They buy up smaller company's and slowly fade them out. So they can sell more Rust-Oleum brand paint. I guess our buying Testors paint has scared them so that when they bought out Testors. You watch and see, they are going to keep dropping colors in the Testors brand till there is nothing to keep Testors afloat then the final Ax will fall.

I think there are plenty of european modellers/customers who want to work with modelmaster paints. They would pay. More customers, more money.

I don't know what's the problem shipping the paints by ship overseas. If I(private) order the paints from the states what problems could occur?

I've always associated Model Master paints with Italeri and am surprised that they aren't imported to Europe anymore. I've started using them right from the very first kit I glued together and they remain my favorites 20 years later.

• 4 years later...