Just wanted to post one of my latest quick builds. This is Moebius's 1/8 scale 1966 Julie Newmar Catwoman. Building this kit reminds me of why I was/am a Batman fan. :woot.gif:/>/>

The model is pretty straight forward and goes together well. The only complaint I have is the pose is a little meh...and the hand on the hip makes it difficult. I should have opted to glue the hand on first and figure out how to paint around it but I left it off til later. I still have to glue it in it's final position and fill the wrist in and fix the paint in that area but other than that and the whip and work up a base for her and oh yeah, fix her eyes and make-up a bit, I'm done. I'm considering making a cat of 9 tails whip instead of the bullwhip that comes with it. I don't think she ever used a bullwhip in the series so that's that.

This was painted with thinned black fingernail polish over black enamel. The gloves and boots are just Vellejo black acrylic and the face is based with Vellejo and finished with oils.

Sorry Photobucket is being stupid right now and won't let me rotate the pics. I'll try to fix them later.

DSC_0132_zps4wyiyaot.jpg

DSC_0134_zpsrkxo765g.jpg

DSC_0137_zpsfexdjcsy.jpg

Here she is with her counterpart

DSC_0141_zpswqdxn5os.jpg

Thanks for looking. Critiques, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Bill

Edited by niart17
  • 1 month later...