Peter Doll's F-86D

Peter does the BEST natural metal finishes of anyone I've ever seen. I wish I could do foil finishes but I'm too chicken sh... to try. And his photography is so good you think you're looking at the real deal. Crazy good! :thumbsup:/>/>

Edited by Drifterdon

I agree with everyone's assessments above. His foiling results are the closest thing that, to my eye, look like the real aircraft. I've attempted foiling before and I can see how it has some amazing potential but I just need more practice to get it to look really nice. I need to work on my compound curves and avoiding the dreaded wrinkles. (That last sentence made me sound like a Kardashian.) If I could have just ONE plane foiled to the point where it looks like Peter Doll's models, then I can die a happy man.

Eric

PS. Peter, it you're reading this, I hope you received the e-mail I sent you through ARC.

Thank you so much guys for your very kind words you've found on my Sabre Dog model. They really make me happy. If you can say that the model comes close to the original, that's the greatest compliment you can get. Thanks again and happy modeling.

Greetings from Germany !

Pete

Pete, I saw this on ScaleMates over the weekend! Ausgezeichnet! Bitte, wir wollen mehr zehen! R/ Dutch

Hi Dutch,

another silver bird is on the work bench at the moment and will be shown on ARC as soon as it is finished. I'll try to enlarge the number of pictures. It will be a highly polished USAFE F-86 F during a gummery meet in the fifties. Stay tuned !

Cheers

Pete

• 6 months later...

I only want to let you know that I've recently started to publish pictures of aluminium plated models on ARC Facebook and the size of the pictures is  fantastic. You can see there much more details now. Have a look !

Cheers

Pete

Edited by Flightliner