New tool 1/48 Eduard 109 G-6?

According to everything I've read, they have completely retooled the entire kit. Perhaps some of the detail bits are the same, but I'm reading it as an entirely new kit.

Edited by Jennings

The overtrees is $19.95, and the minimum order is $20. Nice try Mr. Sulc.

Depends where you're located.

If you are in the Czech Republic, the overtrees are only $11 ($9 w/o VAT)

If you are in the rest of Europe, the overtrees are $17 ($14 w/o VAT)

If you are anywhere else in the world, the overtrees are $19.95 (w/o VAT)

Since it's pretty much an all new kit, I reckon the PE and maybe masks from my Royal Class boxing won't be of any use on the new kit.

But what are the odds that the (numerous) decal options from the Royal Class box will work on the new kit? I know no one has the new kit yet so it's impossible to know for sure... I'm just wondering out loud.

Feeling very annoyed about purchasing the Royal Class version now. I wonder if they'll do a 'fixed' Royal Class kit with the new sprues later.

I suppose that at least the unit badges, kill marks, and other small decals from the Royal Class decal sheets ought to be more or less useable on the new corrected kit. If that's the case, my Royal Class kit amounts to being a veeery expensive source of extra decals...

Maybe the brassin parts from the Royal Class kit will work on the new kits? Maybe?

Sigh...

If you read Mr. Sulc's editorial in the April newsletter, he says that while most of the detail parts in the original kit didn't require changes (at least the way I read it), they changed some of them anyway to make them more detailed, etc.

He also says something to the effect that none of their Brassin stuff for the old kit will fit the new kit, which, if they actually did re-design it from the ground up, makes complete sense, since the old kit was so far out of whack. Could you possibly make some of it work? Likely so, but of course they're happy to sell you another $200 worth of resin for the new kit.

Will they come out with a Royal boxing of the new one? I'd say the odds are pretty good that they will. Why wouldn't they?

Setting aside Jennings' complete disgust with Eduard (except for the MiGs, we all know you like those), it's pleasing to know they're doing so much to fix the kit. They're offering customers who purchased the original kit to send in a corner of their instruction sheet, and in return the customer will receive 15% off a new purchase. They could do better than that.

Depends where you're located.

If you are in the Czech Republic, the overtrees are only $11 ($9 w/o VAT)

If you are in the rest of Europe, the overtrees are $17 ($14 w/o VAT)

If you are anywhere else in the world, the overtrees are $19.95 (w/o VAT)

My quote to my address in Canada was $9.00 US.

Mine is on order from Sprue Brothers.

Cost me 47.59 with shipping. I thought that was a Fair Cop.

7.60 in shipping. USPS, which I hate, because my post office sux, But there you go.

Should be here today.

Of course this is all in the US. MO to AL.

I hope the Letter Carrier is gentle.

Bredtt Green has done an inbox review, and included pix, and a comparison with the 2014 release. Go to the Forum. Or, maybe some good soul will provide a link, I can't.

HERE It is. I can get the Hasegawa kit for about half the price and money is tight right now. Yes, I would like one but I have a nice stash so I can wait for the price to come down.

Edited by silver1

Here is a built up:

D77C0E6E-ABF2-4C30-828A-801BD7BD44CF_zpslhvxon3z.jpg

B-W-WW2-Photo-WWII-German-Luftwaffe-Me109-France.jpg

I have to say I see many, many issues: This is not at all equivalent to the Zvezda kit (or Eduard's own Spitfire IX). The way the canopy's rear slant meets the spine: Seems very long/tall... The height/cross-section shape of the fuselage in front of the windscreen... The transitions around the nose/spinner... The wing root fairings look very low... It just looks strange...

The exhaust slots seem tall too (in other pictures)... As usual in all kits, no "step" is visible from the cowling's rear edge to the fuselage (It was a pronounced thick rubber seal "step" that lifted the metal: Zvezda did not get this either)...

Good thing I have the Vector G-2 conversion for the Zvezda...

Robertson

Edited by Robertson

I have to say I see many, many issues: This is not at all equivalent to the Zvezda kit (or Eduard's own Spitfire IX). The way the canopy's rear slant meets the spine: Seems very long/tall... The height/cross-section shape of the fuselage in front of the windscreen... The transitions around the nose/spinner... The wing root fairings look very low... It just looks strange...

The exhaust slots seem tall too (in other pictures)... As usual in all kits, no "step" is visible from the cowling's rear edge to the fuselage (It was a pronounced thick rubber seal "step" that lifted the metal: Zvezda did not get this either)...

Good thing I have the Vector G-2 conversion for the Zvezda...

Robertson

I agree that the nose area still looks a bit "chunky" - at least in this photo - but I'm hoping this is due to black tulip. In any case it is better (to my eye at least) than the first iteration. Can't wait to get my copy of this kit...