SUV flees cops, takes out Super Hornet

They ran the outbound lanes of operations gate while the guard was checking inbound ID's. It was just after 11pm, he was doing around 100mph with his lights out, and they were doing FCLPs just to the west of the shack, so it was hard to hear.

There was a massive breakdown along the whole line, and considering that this is the 2nd time the gate has been ran in 3 months, Im sure there are a lot of hard questions being asked right now.

They ran the outbound lanes of operations gate while the guard was checking inbound ID's. It was just after 11pm, he was doing around 100mph with his lights out, and they were doing FCLPs just to the west of the shack, so it was hard to hear.

There was a massive breakdown along the whole line, and considering that this is the 2nd time the gate has been ran in 3 months, Im sure there are a lot of hard questions being asked right now.

2 times?

giphy.gif

When I read the story it sounded like the "intruders" were initially being chased by the local (municipal, non-military) police. When they drove through the gate it is unclear to me that the flight line was their intent or destination, it sounded more like they were still running from the cops and taking any turn of opportunity.

I'm not defending their actions, it just read to me like the act of driving on to an active military base was not their original plan. In fact I doubt these models of society even had a plan.