There are a lot of variables, but you don't provide any information on them. At least these things matter:

speed of shipping

international or domestic (and if international, what the postal and import regulations are)

shipping policy of vendor

mode of shipping (air? sea? land?)

company/postal service doing the shipping

etc.

Additionally why not ask the vendor if that would be the correct price for shipping. I had a vendor refund the programmed shipping price on something very similar. Better to do that ahead of the purchase then after.

It's because they quoted sending it via a trackable method, probably the default for their store.

USPS doesn't offer full tracking on their lower tier international shipping services, you have to get to the "express" level to get full tracking but at a price.

Ken

You ordered from the US, that is what is going on. USPS has jacked prices so high it is killing US exports.

Until things changes drastically, I order from anywhere except the US. I can get a lot of shipments from much further on the globe for far cheaper.

I bet I can get a shipment from the Moon or Mars for cheaper.

Perhaps SprueBrothers can help out? They are advertising that they are trying to help folks not living in the U.S. with more affordable shipping:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=291878&st=0&p=2790187&hl=sprue&fromsearch=1entry2790187

To my knowledge nobody has tried it yet so who knows...might be a good option.

HTH

:cheers:

I want to buy a replacement canopy for my 1/32 A-10. Squadron were going to charge $10 for shipping.....No thanks

Don't blame Squadron, blame the US Postal Service.

I ran a small package through their online price calculator, a 4oz package (which is probably overweight for this item) going to NZ was quoted @ $13.25USD. A 2oz package is the same price.

Remember, this is the postal service that won't ship ground to Canada because it's an "overseas" destination.

Ken

Perhaps SprueBrothers can help out? They are advertising that they are trying to help folks not living in the U.S. with more affordable shipping:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=291878&st=0&p=2790187&hl=sprue&fromsearch=1entry2790187

To my knowledge nobody has tried it yet so who knows...might be a good option.

HTH

:cheers:/>

I was excited about that option then I realized the shipping was with UPS. Any courier to Canada charges us fictitious tariffs and taxes. You have no idea you are being charged this until they show up at the door. Often these fee's exceed the value of the product.

I was excited about that option then I realized the shipping was with UPS. Any courier to Canada charges us fictitious tariffs and taxes. You have no idea you are being charged this until they show up at the door. Often these fee's exceed the value of the product.

Didn't Gordon make it clear that UPS wasn't actually going to deliver it to the customer? I am pretty sure he stated that UPS would deliver it to the Canadian Postal service, and they would actually deliver it. Would you still be charged the extra fees?

The US has the same option called SurePost.

Didn't Gordon make it clear that UPS wasn't actually going to deliver it to the customer? I am pretty sure he stated that UPS would deliver it to the Canadian Postal service, and they would actually deliver it. Would you still be charged the extra fees?

The US has the same option called SurePost.

Indeed Dave that's what Gordon has written in the thread I linked. To my knowledge nobody in Canada from ARC has taken him up on his offer to actually try it. Oh well...

Edited by Don

Don't blame Squadron, blame the US Postal Service.

Remember, this is the postal service that won't ship ground to Canada because it's an "overseas" destination.

Ken

Let me guess, Hawaii on the other hand is not oversees?

Al

You ordered from the US, that is what is going on. USPS has jacked prices so high it is killing US exports.

Until things changes drastically, I order from anywhere except the US. I can get a lot of shipments from much further on the globe for far cheaper.

I bet I can get a shipment from the Moon or Mars for cheaper.

You are not alone there.

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed Dave that's what Gordon has written in the thread I linked. To my knowledge nobody in Canada from ARC has taken him up on his offer to actually try it. Oh well...

:cheers:/>

I have, so have others on this site.

I just ordered the AMK Mig-31!

I have, so have others on this site.

I just ordered the AMK Mig-31!

Indeed. Since this thread started and since Dave's and my posts in this thread yourself and at least two others have taken Gordon up on his offer of finding affordable shipping options for folks residing outside the U.S. and so far all seem happy. Glad SB went and did what they did and glad people have tried it...and have it work!

I think the USPS is dead. Just tried to ship a box 13x13x13 and 5lbs from Ohio to Oklahoma. First she tells me $17 for priority and I think that's reasonable so I'm like ok. Then she goes wait a minute the size of the box is going to bump it up. Ok. So it went from $17 to $33 when she input the measurements.

Hmmmm

So I said forget it I'll check on UPS (work there but we get no discount) and she says good luck it'll probably be more.

So UPS for basic ground which will take 3 days fully tracked it's only $18.

I'm done with the USPS for anything but small packages or envelopes. Anything over a bread box is going ups now. It's safer and the price is usually cheaper.

I wouldn't ship with fedex if you held a gun to my head.

K

I think the USPS is dead. Just tried to ship a box 13x13x13 and 5lbs from Ohio to Oklahoma. First she tells me $17 for priority and I think that's reasonable so I'm like ok. Then she goes wait a minute the size of the box is going to bump it up. Ok. So it went from $17 to $33 when she input the measurements.

Hmmmm

So I said forget it I'll check on UPS (work there but we get no discount) and she says good luck it'll probably be more.

So UPS for basic ground which will take 3 days fully tracked it's only $18.

I'm done with the USPS for anything but small packages or envelopes. Anything over a bread box is going ups now. It's safer and the price is usually cheaper.

I wouldn't ship with fedex if you held a gun to my head.

K

Wow, I thought you were paying lower domestically. I thought it was only the international shipping that was being jacked.

A lot of eBay buyers have told me my shipping is cheaper from Canada than it is with US based sellers, I guess they were telling the truth.