IIAF F-86F-40 Sabre

Yep...another update :D

First some dark green...FS34079

IMG_2901_zpsvqfjqmn1.jpg

and then some tan, FS 30140

IMG_2902_zpsifvxu4vr.jpg

IMG_2903_zpsaqsm10ib.jpg

IMG_2904_zpsjrp44if6.jpg

There...I´ll go over with the base color tomorrow and better the cammo here and there, starting to look desertish :P

Cheers!

What a nice paint work, Janne! Your Sabre looks teasing to me! Sexy...

I had removed the nozzle for cleaning and held the airbrush in one hand...reached for something on the floor with my off hand and some how moved my hand holding the AB to support me while reaching and pressed the tip into a glass jar rather heavily.

Oh, so in other words we could agree that you've broken the needle tip on your airbrush just goofing around... :lol:

What a nice paint work, Janne! Your Sabre looks teasing to me! Sexy...

Oh, so in other words we could agree that you've broken the needle tip on your airbrush just goofing around... :lol:/>

Thanx The Scaremonger :D

Yeah...it was bound to happen at some point :P

A small update today

I´ve been bettering the paint and then done a post shade with the lighter versions of the cammo colors and finished with a quick polish with 4000 grit pads.

IMG_2906_zpsfrir5s2k.jpg

IMG_2905_zpsrgpya26x.jpg

Cheers!

And a little update today too :D

Painted the belly in FS36622

IMG_2907_zpsveek0eku.jpg

and it´s a hard edge between bottom and top side colors.

IMG_2908_zps0r02grqi.jpg

Handpainted the little gun radar dome.

IMG_2909_zpsdgmklvsl.jpg

And finished with the fin tip UHF antenna

IMG_2910_zpshvgd9ajr.jpg

Tomorrow I´ll clear coat it :D

Cheers!

Simply gorgeous Janne!

Can't wait to see her coated and with the markings applied :woot.gif:

Please note that the IIAF Sabres had standard "USAF" maintenance stencils ( a.o. the red circles denoting fuel valves, etc) applied.

Interstingly,when transferred to the IEAF, "red" stencils were deleted (like the turbine warning stripe) or overpainted in black ( the red "fuel" circles on fuselage and wings)...

Greetings

Diego

Simply gorgeous Janne!

Can't wait to see her coated and with the markings applied :woot.gif:/>

Please note that the IIAF Sabres had standard "USAF" maintenance stencils ( a.o. the red circles denoting fuel valves, etc) applied.

Interstingly,when transferred to the IEAF, "red" stencils were deleted (like the turbine warning stripe) or overpainted in black ( the red "fuel" circles on fuselage and wings)...

Greetings

Diego

Thanx Diego :D

Btw, do you know the color of the wheel wells and inside of doors? Are they aluminium, off white or interior green?

Thanx Diego :D/>/>

Btw, do you know the color of the wheel wells and inside of doors? Are they aluminium, off white or interior green?

Photos of former IIAF Sabres in Ethiopian service (and later during restoration) show the inside of undercarriage doors in aluminium, as well as "dark" (green) airbrake weels on the rear fuselage. Therefore it would be safe to assume that the wheel weels were also painted in dark green.

However, many late Sabres (like D/K, for example) had the bottom of the wheel weels painted in a dark green similar to the one used on the antiglare panel of NMF IIAF examples, instead of the 1950s "interior green".

As IIAF Sabres were overhauled in Israel in the mid 1960, I guess that the "dark green" would be even more probable...

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego

Photos of former IIAF Sabres in Ethiopian service (and later during restoration) show the inside of undercarriage doors in aluminium, as well as "dark" (green) airbrake weels on the rear fuselage. Therefore it would be safe to assume that the wheel weels were also painted in dark green.

However, many late Sabres (like D/K, for example) had the bottom of the wheel weels painted in a dark green similar to the one used on the antiglare panel of NMF IIAF examples, instead of the 1950s "interior green".

As IIAF Sabres were overhauled in Israel in the mid 1960, I guess that the "dark green" would be even more probable...

Greetings

Diego

Thanx Diego, arrgh, why can't things be simple! :P

No gloss coat today...decided to paint the wheel wels and air brake wells instead.

First some generous masking...

IMG_2911_zpspmmwmyye.jpg

IMG_2912_zpsjnydurqt.jpg

And then I painted dark green per Diegos instructions :P/>

IMG_2913_zpsldlvyzqs.jpg

IMG_2914_zpse2x3pqcw.jpg

Now it´s ready for a gloss coat :D/>

Cheers!

Edited by Aigore