Reedoak, 3D printed modern US Navy deck crews

Hi

Reedoak added to his range some modern US-Navy aircraft tie-downs, available at this point in locked version and in 1/32 and 1/35 scale :

32o_zps1gijaecq.jpg

32n_zpsxlhqe6vi.jpg

working now the 1/48 version

cheers

Norbert

Edited by norbert

Incredible. Just think, Cargo aircraft with vehicles tied down on the cargo floor, a pallet in a C-130 with supplies strapped down, or a big o;' 10,000 pound with its chutes strapped on. All sorts of possibilities, military and civilian.

Those tie downs look incredibly awesome. I think 3-D printing is a revolution to this hobby. We are seeing the dawn of a new era.

Looking forward to 1/48.

excellent products norbert!! but where are the chains? :unsure:/>

Chains can be sourced from model railroad or ship stores. They are available in various sizes and links per inch (LPI).

Micromark sells chain in various sizes and LPI. Not sure what size would be correct. Maybe someone who served as an aircraft handler would know the size and gauge of the chain used by the Navy. That would have to be converted to 1/32nd.

Here's a link to Micromark's web page.

http://www.micromark.com/SearchResult.aspx?deptIdFilter=0&searchPhrase=chain+for+models

Edited by okthree

Hi

Sill need your help guys, looking for the actual size of the chain link

35zzzy_zpsx4abdwu6.jpg

the real chain in the picture is a 40 links per inch chain, easy to find in train model shops.

However, I would like to know what would the correct size be.

Norbert

Edited by norbert

Hi

35zzzy_zpsx4abdwu6.jpg

the real chain in the picture is a 40 links per inch chain, easy to find in train model shops.

Norbert

Hello Norbert, nice work! About the chain, I think it should be smaller >> PIC <<

I.Martin

Hi

35zzzy_zpsx4abdwu6.jpg

Norbert

I think it is correct regarding the length/width of the single ring of the chain, maybe it only has to be slightly thinned in diameter.

150417-n-zf498-090.jpg

f14dkittyportgearbg_22.JPG

web_130610-N-XQ474-035.jpg

2000x1426_q95.jpg

Defense.gov_News_Photo_050204-N-0499M-024.jpg

US_Navy_030417-N-2385R-011_Airman_Ana_Tavira_from_Bloomington,_Calif.,_crosses_the_flight_deck_after_taking_the_tie_down_chains_off_of_an_aircraft_on_the_flight_deck_aboard_USS_Nimitz_(CVN_68).jpg

Edited by Alpagueur

I found link wire diameter is 7.3 mm? The link location inside the tie down is 1" wide, so the small outside diameter (or link high) should be a little smaller as there should be some clearance. I'm still looking for the link length

Norbert

hi Norbert, when do you think the tie downs with the chains will be ready?

Or do we have to buy only the tie-downs without the chains? If you are going to print the chains also I can wait again.

also I need 1-2 figures for my Super Hornet