Unclear Harrier II photo... strange loadout?

Curious where that picture came from? Looks like a Squadron type book picture where they generally list whats happening. Perhaps track the picture to its source?

Not much help.

:cheers:

Comes from a Brazillian site.... lemme try out my Portuguese skills to see what it says.....

http://sistemasdearmas.com.br/ca/casods4aeronaves.html

"O canhão GAU-12 de 25mm com 300 tiros era disparado com muita frequência. Era usado para supressão de artilharia antiaérea durante os mergulhos. Era disparado geralmente antes das bombas. Não tinha muita precisão, mas esperavam que manteria as tropas em terra de cabeça baixa. A maioria disparava quase sempre, em rajadas de 100 tiros, e até os 300 tiros de uma vez só. Outra opção é o primeiro a disparar antes de outro mergulhando logo atrás disparar as bombas. Para metralhamento também foi considerado bem efetivo."

The 25mm GAU-12 cannon with 300 rounds is fired frequently. It was used for anti aircraft artillery suppression during the dives. It was fired generally before the bombs. It didn't have much precision, but hoped that keeping the ground troops' heads down. The best [way to fire is] almost always (? - sorry about this) in bursts of a hundred rounds, and up to one 300 round burst. Another option is the first to fire before the other dives to release its bombs. For strafing it was also considered well effective.

Doesn't seem to answer my question about the loadout because the caption has nothing to do with the ordinance in the picture!

Edited by Exhausted

Looks like an empty AIM-9 rail outboard. Perhaps a Zuni pod with the rockets peeking out on the middle pylon?

Good catch. You are probably right. I think I can see two silver rocket tips poking out of the probable LAU-3 pod. Another point of confusion the white band between the inner most pylons and the fuselage.. right in the gun pack area. The white band is confusing because it looks like the aircraft has wrap-around camouflage.

Edited by Exhausted