'etch' type primer for photo etched parts

Does anyone have any recommendations for a primer for photo etched parts? For preference one that bites into the surface the same way automotive etch primers do (only for steel rather than brass or nickel)

I want to prepaint and then be able to bend, which you cant do without a good primer as the paint cracks off

Cheers

Les

Gunze do a metal etching primer in both bottle and spray (Mr. Metal Primer). Apparently 'Mr. Primer-Surfacer' (note the name) also bonds well to metal, but it's not an explicit, metal primer. Tamiya do a spray can metal primer; Zero and Gaia also do a metal etch primer.

And then there's your hardware store varieties of metal etch spray primers. Duplicolor, Halfords and the like.

Thanks

The local shop did have it, amongst their glues and adhesives in a bottle that I had obviously previously dismissed as a glue. Anyway, gave it a go, and we will see if it does indeed do the job, although if the Jasmine frets are stainless, I may not be as effective. Having said that, it does spray beautifully, and nice and thin - stinks to high heaven, though!

Les