2016 CF-18 Demo Jet Unveiled Today!!!

Beautifully done...can't wait to see it in person in October when they come to Martin State for the airshow!! Looking forward to seeing it rip up the skies again...so glad they are coming back to MD again.

I like it a lot, which is a far cry from my opinion about prior demo CF-18's. Last year's camo-scheme was a good idea, but the colors and glossy finish made it pretty ugly. It's nice to see the black contrasting with the yellow of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan scheme, because it now looks like a real hornet again, which I'm sure was intentional. I'd love to see it.

I like it a lot, which is a far cry from my opinion about prior demo CF-18's. Last year's camo-scheme was a good idea, but the colors and glossy finish made it pretty ugly. It's nice to see the black contrasting with the yellow of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan scheme, because it now looks like a real hornet again, which I'm sure was intentional. I'd love to see it.

Chuck you read my mind. I too was not very impressed with last year's BoB Hornet scheme. To me it was actually gaudy. I know my friend in Ottawa actually passed Jim the actual colours as used on the Hurricanes and Spitfires but Jim went a different direction. From what I understand it had something to do with photography and what it would look like in photos during its air demo. I really liked the RAF Typhoon in their BoB scheme. That looks great to me.

It is interesting that the last few demo schemes have been full top schemes once again compared to only the tail art.

For those looking in Canuck's direction, I'd need a lot more in the way of high resolution images. At first glance there's nothing there overlay difficult. The halftone's are not a problem anymore (actually had a japanese manufacture accuse me of offset printing my BoB decals because he couldn't believe I could screen print halftones like that!) so the tail art is doable. But I'd need to see the top of the aircraft and have some high resolution side on shots of the tails.

I thought I might be able to at least use the 761 yellow/black artwork for the numbers on the nose, but they're using the type B font now, so have to change that too. Could be just the photo, but the numbers look like they have a bit of orange in them? Might be just the light. Certainly not a show stopper by any stretch, just something of interest to note.

Edited by RiderFan

For those looking in Canuck's direction, I'd need a lot more in the way of high resolution images. At first glance there's nothing there overlay difficult. The halftone's are not a problem anymore (actually had a japanese manufacture accuse me of offset printing my BoB decals because he couldn't believe I could screen print halftones like that!) so the tail art is doable. But I'd need to see the top of the aircraft and have some high resolution side on shots of the tails.

I thought I might be able to at least use the 761 yellow/black artwork for the numbers on the nose, but they're using the type B font now, so have to change that too. Could be just the photo, but the numbers look like they have a bit of orange in them? Might be just the light. Certainly not a show stopper by any stretch, just something of interest to note.

I'm heading out to Comox in a couple of weeks, and I know Derek Hayes will be there too. I plan on getting shots of the jet while I'm there, so between Hazer and myself, we will probably have you covered for the most part.

IMG_6908A_zpssutfrild.jpg

Looks like the only trouble you may have in the decal art will be the white elipses on the upper wings and stabs. Sorry for the image quality. It was a cold windy cloudy morning, and clear images were at the limits of my camera setup.