Works in progress.

A. 1/32 Revell Bf-109g6 (Early) for the "Eastern Front" GB---my main focus right now. Approaching the priming stage.

B. 1/48 ICM Spitfire Mk. IX for the "Spitfire" GB---slow right now (see A. above ^^^). Primed but waiting for camouflage paint to arrive via the mail. Engine and engine mounts close to completion.

C. 1/48 Revell Bf-109g10---primed, RLM 04 yellow cowl and fin painted, RLM 76 painted on the underside and fuselage sides. RLM 74 and 75 yet to paint.

On deck.

A. Revell 1/32 Hawker Hunter... :woo:...can't wait to get at this one... :thumbsup:!

Future plans for up coming GB's.

A. Revell 1/32 He-111---"Heavies" GB.

:cheers:

In Progress:

1:48 Hasegawa F-14D Tomcat Black Bunny boxing...currently working on it. Going to either be done as a mid-90's VF-74 Bravo model or mid to late-90's VF-101 Bravo or Delta model.

1:32 Academy F/A-18C Hornet (Stuck at the painting stage...probably about 75-80% done)

1:144 J-STARS (Stuck because I got annoyed with the landing gear door assembly)

What I'd like to start:

1:48 Tamiya F-16C (want to get decals for one of the new Have Glass decal sheets)

1:48 Kitty Hawk AH-1Z

1:48 Kitty Hawk UH-1Y

Oh, and just as an aside...if an F-14 Tomcat kit that is detailed, accurate, has options and builds up as easy as the Tamiya Viper is released in 1:48 or 1:32, that automatically moves to the front of the line above all else...

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

Hmmm, let's see. I've got some Tomcats, some more Tomcats, and some Tomcats after that. :rolleyes: Seriously, though, I've got a 1/48 EA-3B, A-1E, A-4 Blue Angel, and an A-7B all half-baked. Did I mention I was working on some Tomcats? :D

Three or four of you brought up excel sheets, so I am floating this idea:

I may start an online spread sheet that all members can contribute to. Each Person gets a page that lists their kits, conversion kits, status of these kits (including finished kits), including details such as scale, markings, links to pictures, etc.

This will be an excellent way to feel who has what, follow certain trends, follow builds and finally it will be a way to make trade and sale offers :D/>

That sounds interesting. I would be down to participate in something like this.

I saw Scalemates but it just doesn't do it for me. It's a clunky site that I got discouraged from using in the intended manner. But possibly something similar but streamlined.

Oh jeez...

In progress or stalled I've got...

RHKAAF Spitfire F.24 (Spitfire GB) - Legato 1/72

Soviet Yak-1 (Lydia Litvyak's plane) - South Front 1/48

CAF CH-178/Mi-17V-5 - Hobby Boss 1/72 kitbash (stalled... can't convince myself that the interior is finished enough to close up)

1/72 Trumpeter Sea Fury - will be probably RCN but possibly RAN

a couple of 1/72 whiffy builds, one based on the Bristol Belvedere, the other on the Chieftain tank

Stuff in the queue:

Fujimi 1/72 F-4EJ (for Far East GB)

Hasegawa 1/72 F-4EJ Kai (for Far East GB) - 8 Sqn two-tone blue

three Tamiya 1/72 MiG-29s to use in the Far East GB

a Fujimi 1/72 F-4E earmarked for the Hellenic AF GB

a Hasegawa 1/72 F-4J kit (with suitable parts from other kits) to do a ROKAF F-4D

a Hasegawa 1/72 JASDF RF-4E (earmarked for the Far East GB)

Czechmaster 1/72 Seafire Mk. XV RCN (for the Spitfire GB... but kinda intimidated, never built a resin kit before)

Not really 'scheduled', but I'd like to do get my Italeri 1/72 F-5B done in the not-too-distant future - with this completed I'll have one model built of each type of fighter used post-war by the RCAF completed (types that entered squadron service - I don't have an Arrow yet).

I have a couple ofpersonal Themed Builds I've started/want to start, of squadrons that have a special meaning to me - RCAF 407 Sqn, I've got a Hasegawa 1/72 P-2H kit that I want to do soonish, and then expand to cover other stuff flown by 407 Sqn. The other is RAF 111 Sqn, for which I have a Lightning and a Tornado ready to go...

And also lots of other Phantoms and Fulcrums...

In progress

1/48 Monogram P-51D scribing mule - still messing with seams

1/72 Rareplanes AD2 Skyshark for a GB on a different forum - in major airframe assembly stage

1/72 Anigrand C-133 - stuck trying to figure out what to do with the intakes, and one wing which is assmebled but slightly warped

1/35 Tamiya Pazer Ausf. A - started assmepbly and primered hull

1/48 Hasegawa F-16C - Using Caracals CAS Viper sheet, one color painted (the gray)

1/32 Revell F-4G Primered, waiting on motivation to start painting

1/25 MPC 1977 Pacer X - Mostly done, waiting for Enamel Clear coat to cure so I can polish it

1/25 Revell Starsky & hutch Torino - chassis totally assembled, waiting on paint to cure so I can polish it

Want to start :

1/48 Hasegawa RF-4B with Impact decals "Sprit of america" for Happy anniversary GB

1/16th MPC dodge "street charger" built as a wild 70s street freak - Found 1/16th Cragar SS wheels for it

1/72 Anigrand C-124

1/48 Monogram RF-101C with Koster Conversion

1/48 Eduard "Rockin Rhino" - Academy kit with Eduard AM

As you can see, I have pretty diverse interests. I have been less motivated to build lately because my model shop room has become a mess and it is an ordeal just to make the space to work on something.

Have four on the go at the moment.

1:72 Italeri Su-22UM-3K Hungarian Air Force with the post Cold War chevron style markings. Decals are from the spares file.

1:72 Fujimi MiG-21bis current day Libyan Air Force using a mix of decals from various manufacturers and Eduard OFAB-100 bombs.

1:72 Fujimi MiG-21FL in Indian markings from 1971 India Pakistan war using decals from DP Casper. Build for Far Out Far East build.

1:72 Airfix MiG-15bis as the aircraft flown by No Kum Sok before he defected to South Korea in 1953. Decals are some made by KP from about 2010. Build for Far Out Far East build.

And I have a notebook with a project sheet for each of them, I take it with me to shows and shops, it helps me to know what I still have to buy for the builds. There's no sense in me starting a model with 8 Napes on it, if I run out of them before I start that one.

I love this idea Rex. We all know it gets harder and harder to remember all the bits we've collected. I know I've bought a few things twice :bandhead2:

1/48 Tarangus Viggen with all the Maistro bits

1/48 Hasegawa F/A-18A with all the Aiers bits and Afterburner Aussie Hornet decals (Awaiting a replacement canopy which I cracked polishing out the seam line)

1/48 Eduard Mig-21SMT

1/24 Aoshima Toyota 86

1/12 Tamiya Ferrari Enzo With a lot of carbon fibre decals! (Some body parts needing to be stripped and repainted for at least the 4th or 5th time) :bandhead2:

Czechmaster 1/72 Seafire Mk. XV RCN (for the Spitfire GB... but kinda intimidated, never built a resin kit before)

CMK and others make ground equipment and other small resin kits that can be very helpful learning vehicles, plus you get some great "flora and fauna" for your other kits. While I had some resin AM bits before, I did find a full-on resin kit a different experience. Building some smaller kits really helped me get comfortable. One thing I learned is to never, ever, join two pieces of resin unless I know I can get perfect alignment at first contact. I had joined two pieces with thick CA expecting to be able to fully align then after contact. Nope. They were joined. Had to chisel off one of the pieces and scratch-build a replacement. Now I use either 5m or 24h epoxy for such joints. I will use CA when I can subject to the above rule.

Make very sure you wash resin. While you should wash plastic, you must wash resin. Ditto on primer.

I assume you already know about resin dust.

Kits I'd like start:

1. Mach 2 1/72 RB-45C

2. Mach 2 1/72 RB-57F

3. Hasegawa 1/72 B-47E converted to RB-47H

4. Testors 1/72 YF-12A

5. Testors 1/48 YF-12A

6. 23 SR-71's, mostly 1/72, Academy, Hasegawa, Testors & Italeri

WIPs I need to finish:

1. Testors 1/48 SR-71 being converted to an A-12

2. Revell 1/72 SR-71 (original 1968 version)

3. Munster Coach

4. Eggie F-86

5. Monogram 1/72 RB-36E with detailed interior

6. AMT 1/72 B-52G, early configuration in NMF

7. Monogram 1/72 B-52D diorama with cutaways on BUFF

I can finally build my Memphis Belle I've been itching to build.

Yes. The production kit will include marking for Belle as well as the specific nose she used (which I'm waiting to be produced for my build).

I'll be building Belle too. Just glad I have the kit before anyone else so I can beat the bandwagon ;)

http://jimsmodels.com/2016/03/26/building-belle/

Yes. The production kit will include marking for Belle as well as the specific nose she used (which I'm waiting to be produced for my build).

I'll be building Belle too. Just glad I have the kit before anyone else so I can beat the bandwagon ;)/>

http://jimsmodels.com/2016/03/26/building-belle/

I've already got its corner in my office set aside. Right under my signed and framed documents signed by Col. Morgan.

Let's see. I'm a pretty busy guy.

Currently underway:

1/32 Tamiya F-15C, done up like a blue Aggressor. As with my prior builds, this will likely take another year to finish.

Up next:

I can't plan on what I'm having for dinner, much less a year away, so I have no idea. :P

F-15E prototype/whatif is at around 90%, It is waiting for its weapons and final dull coat,

J-10, F-4, Su-30, J-11 and 2 X F-22 which are ready to be painted,

A Mi-24 that is around 10%,

A J-15 which I just started...

I am building too many kits at the same time :(

:)

All in 1/48.

I'm trying to finish the half built kits I have laying around and hanging them (wheels up) in my kid's room.

1/48 Hase F-16C w/Alabama ANG snake markings

1/48 Hase A-7E w/Operation Eagle Claw Markings

1/48 Revell A-6E rescribed w/kit decals

1/48 Revell F-15E w/Mountain Home markings

1/48 Monogram F-100 w/some old super scale markings I have laying around

1/48 Monogram A-10 rescribed w/some KC Guard decals

1/48 PV-1 Ventura I've already screwed up, but from the ceiling should looke pretty decent enough

After this I have the Tamiya 1/350 Fletcher and I'll knock out some shake and bake Tamiya WWII kits.

Currently working on these....

1/72 F-18F almost done 2 bombs left to add, then a flat Coat

1/48

A-4E still at the decal stage.

F-4C Finishing up the Ordnance

and of course the shelf of doom with WAY WAY too many to list just a sampling Mig 21,Tiger I, British Cromwell, Bell X-1, Hasegawa AV-8B,

M706 ASV, Hobby Boss F-18D, plus like 10 more.......

In the que

F/A-18E

P-40E

F-16C

Current build: 1/32 Tamiya F-15E as F-15I

Next: either 1/32 Trumpeter Su-27UB or double build of 1/32 Israeli F-16C and F-16I, both Academy but I'm very much tempted to build an Israeli RF-4E and Soviet MiG-21

And I'll have to build a large display cabinet for all this nice stuff.

Edited by Helmsman

My signature includes what I'm currently working on and what I've recently finished.

I don't decide what to build next until I finish one of the ones I'm working on...so the whole stash is basically the queue! :)